BUSINESS

Lads to sponsor Espanyol; Worldlink sign Sunderland partnership; Perform purchase Turkish firm

TAGs: espanyol, Ladbrokes, Perform, Soccer, spain, Sunderland, turkey, worldlink

news in brief 200x141Ladbrokes has signed a deal to become Espanyol’s official club sponsor. From the start of next season the company’s Spanish brand, LBapuestas, will work in partnership with the La Liga club. The agreement will be “beneficial to both parties”, according to club vice president August Newton. LBapuestas director of marketing, Ruben Loeches, stated that the agreement is a “medium to long-term project” and will last for a total of two years.

Worldlink has signed a deal to become Sunderland’s official sports betting and gaming partner ahead of the new season. The three-year-deal means that Worldlink will provide dedicated mobile and desktop solutions in conjunction with their bookie partner BetButler. Sunderland AFC chief executive Margaret Byrne told the club’s official website: “I am absolutely delighted to welcome Worldlink as one of our key partners. They impressed us not only with their product but their commitment to a long term partnership and we are looking forward to building a successful relationship with them over the next three years”. Worldlink managing director, Neil Riches, explained that this is the “first of several” partnerships with Premier League clubs, so watch this space. The club also talked of the “amazing new technology” that Worldlink is bringing to the betting and gaming sector. Might want to give those noses a wipe guys.

Perform has acquired a majority stake in Turkish firm Mackolik Internet Hizmetleri Ticaret. The firm, which owns a number of leading Turkish sports websites, sold a 51 percent stake for an initial £14.6 million. The remaining 49 percent will change hands in 2014 – with the price determined upon how the business performs. The maximum price that will end up being paid will be £60.4 million by March 2016.

Comments

views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of CalvinAyre.com