Take heed and bare witness to the truths that lay herein. WTF am I talking about I just had a flashback to being a kid and playing Diablo at my friends house, weird. I guess a lot of my love for Technology and Social Media can be traced back to those days. Exploring the Internet for the first time on my Apple computer with a green screen and spending countless hours adventuring in RPG Video games. I’m a Tech nerd whether I like it or not, always have been, always will be!
This past week there have been a lot of announcements in the Social Media space. Last night Mark Zuckerberg wrote an open letter to Facebook users on the official Facebook blog. Announcing the 350 million user milestone and offering some clarification on the recent changes within Facebook regional settings. Twitter Founder Jack Dorsey has been working on a Credit Card Merchant attachment for the iPhone and it is almost ready to go public. This iPhone attachment will allow anyone to become a merchant, so you will be able to sell T Shirts or shit from your garage sale and receive payment from Credit Cards on the spot. Pretty fucking cool. Vidly released their video Blog commenting service, which compliments their iPhone Application(iTunes link) that works well with Twitter.
It seems like Social Media and Technology continue to advance faster each day, permeating every industry to the core. Decentralizing the conversation and destroying the traditional gatekeepers strangle hold on News Media. I love my job here at the Tablog, because I thrive in these environments and I welcome ongoing change. The only thing in life that is constant, is change, so fucking deal with it.
In order to keep up to date with all of these fast paced changes I have a number of sites bookmarked for easy reference to the latest news sources in Technology and Social Media:
– I love Techmeme, Techcrunch, and Mashable for Social Media/Technology news.
– I use CheckFacebook for real-time Facebook data and Social Mention for tracking Social Media conversations across the various platforms.
– There is a user created Twitter Wiki which I also enjoy, though it is not officially endorsed by Twitter.
– I use TweetTabs to track Twitter conversations in real-time, to save the API calls on my desktop Tweetdeck client.
– To ensure I get all of the juicy Technology gossip from Silicon Valley, I read ValleyWag.
Anyway, you get the idea. I got my shit on lock down. Time is valuable and these links save my time, so I use them.