The Media Image Head of SEO and Social Darren Sheffield explains about the integration of blogs and social media and how the two are very dependent on each other in this edition of of CalvinAyre.com’s Social Media Tip of the Week.
- Do your social media content research
o Know your fan base and use tools such as Facebook Graph search and Audience Insights to gain an insight in to everything from their demographics to their interests.
- Get the right sharing and engagement mechanisms in place.
o Social share buttons are of vital importance – our testing showed better results from floating sidebars but use your discretion in finding buttons that best suit your blog.
- Another important element is an easy to use comment section.
o Comments are the ultimate sign of user engagement and platforms such as Disqus allow great integration with social media
- Make your content highly shareable.
o Ensuring images can be pinned to Pinterest and inserting Tweetable facts are just some of the ways to make it easier for your users to share.
- Replying to user comments
o Flattery will get you everywhere and replying to every blog comment in a considered and tailored manner will ensure those users will come back on a regular basis.
- Put some resources toward paid social media and content discovery promotion.
This type of promotion will increase visits from new users, growing your reach and if done well will grow your community.