BUSINESS

Mr Green to enter the esports business; Luckbox hire another former Stars chief

TAGs: eSports, Luckbox, Mr. Green

The Stockholm-listed online gambling company Mr Green prepares for its entry into esports, hooking up with Gamingzone Entertainment, and esports betting startup Luckbox hires another former PokerStars chief.

Mr Green to enter the esports business; Luckbox hire another former Stars chiefWhile Miss Scarlet was in the library, whacking Professor Plum over the head with a candlestick, Mr Green was in the kitchen cooking up a deal with Gamingzone Entertainment.

Mr Green, the Stockholm-listed online gambling company that counts Mr Green Casino and Redbet Casino amongst its assets, is entering the esports business, after announcing a partnership with Gamingzone Entertainment.

The two Swedish based companies plan to create a brand spanking new esports community. There is no word of a name. There is no word of much of anything. All we know is the pair plan to launch an online community in the Fall of this year.

Gamingzone co-founder, Karl Mikael Cakste, has been handed the role of CEO of the yet unnamed venture. Mr Green will take a 55% stake in the company with Gamingzone owning the other 45%. Per Norman, Group CEO of Mr Green said that esports could one day become ‘as huge as traditional sports.’

I believe him.

Gamingzone Entertainment is the esports media publisher behind the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) reality TV show GAMERZ shown exclusively on Microsoft’s live streaming service Mixer.

Luckbox Sign More PokerStars Beef 

If PokerStars were still looking to shave a few hundred grand a year off their payroll they needn’t worry, Luckbox is doing it for them.

The esports betting startup that punters cannot wait to see in action has appointed former PokerStars Associate Director of Poker Engagement, David Lyons, as Director of Player Engagement.

Lyons will be responsible for the design and development of the player loyalty system, as well as having a finger and thumb in the payments and operations side of the business.

The man responsible for ‘finding cool ways’ to give value back to the Luckbox players is the fourth senior managerial presence from PokerStars joining Luckbox including co-founders Lars Lien and Mike Stevens, COO Quentin Martin, and CMO Vadim Soloveychik.

In fact, Soloveychik was one of the first to officially welcome Lyons into the fold reminding the press of the importance of having vast gambling experience within the higher echelon of power in the new startup.

Comments

views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of CalvinAyre.com