In advance of its upcoming conference on 12th October 2017, Compliance Briefing: London has released its 6 step introductory guide to GDPR compliance. The business community is becoming increasingly aware of the new legislation that comes into effect in less than a year’s time. However, with a range of contradictory reports and papers currently in circulation, it is difficult to make a judgement on which direction to take.
As Jaime Debono, Managing Director of conference organisers the iGaming academy explained “There are a lot of unknowns out there with regards to GDPR at the moment and we have attempted to address some of them with our 6 step guide. All businesses, whatever their size, must be GDPR compliant. This guide’s aim is to cut through the noise and provide a basic framework on which to build your GDPR compliance strategy.
“Of course, this is only a basic guide and readers will be able to learn far more on how to action the plan by attending our full conference at County Hall, London on 12th October. However in the meantime, our publication will help them set out the path they intend to take.”
Steps covered in the guide are:
1. Getting to grips with GDPR’s legal framework and conducting an audit to identify how it is likely to affect your business.
2. Creating a data register to document the process you intend to follow to become GDPR compliant.
3. Classifying data according to its type and how it needs to be treated to ensure compliance.
4. Identifying the top priorities; those tasks that need to be actioned first to protect those most at risk of data breaches.
5. Documenting and assessing any additional risks and processes while ensuring the data register is kept up to date.
6. Revisiting, identifying and rectifying any unforeseen consequences, and ensuring timely reviews for the future.
For more information on Compliance Briefing: London and how its speakers and subject matter can help your business, visit compliancebriefing.com where you will also be able to access a copy of the Guide to Basic GDPR Compliance.
About Compliance Briefing: London
Compliance Briefing: London brings together iGaming professionals for a highly engaging conference, in which leading subject matter experts dive deep to deliver essential content and insightful analysis on the industry’s hottest compliance topics.
It is one of a series of iGaming compliance briefings held in various international locations by iGaming Academy, working in partnership with successful UK based conference and events organiser, Amplified Business Events and highly respected compliance consultancy 1710Gaming.
For more information, contact:
Phone: +356 22779200