Rules of success
- Set up a company LinkedIn page and post regularly.
- All the usual rules apply here, but ensure your community manager knows your product and industry back-to-front – remember these are usually highly educated and specialised people you’re engaging with.
- Getting content right is key on LinkedIn
- The audience is professional, and content must match this in tone and message. LinkedIn users are most likely to engage with content that is going to benefit them professionally.
- Use Slideshares
- LinkedIn owns the Slideshare platform, and Slideshows are the perfect content format for LinkedIn – instructional and clearly presented.
- Set up communities
- LinkedIn communities are some of the most active in the social media landscape, and maintaining a successful LinkedIn community will establish your brand as an authority figure in its industry.
An alternative is to become an authority in an existing community
- Use LinkedIn ads (most people write them off)
- We’ve had some excellent results using LinkedIn’s advanced targeting options that allow marketers to target users based on job titles and even specific employees of companies.
- Networks are very important
- Introductions to an influencer from a shared contact is an extremely successful way of getting to the person you want to engage with.
Extra SEO tip
- SEO outreach
- If you’re SEO team isn’t using Linkedin for outreach then they are missing a huge opportunity for a much easier way to connect with a target influencer or site.