World Poker Tour have announced a deal with Holland Casino that will see the global tour operator hosting Main Event and National Event series in Amsterdam through till 2019.
Poker players are about to become very happy indeed.
The pair are not wasting anytime either.
The first event organized by the new couple is just around the corner. Poker players will get a pre-Vegas treat as WPT Amsterdam kicks off 11 May with a €3,300 WPT Main Event.
Once the usual jaunt to the dusty desert is over, the WPT will return to the Netherlands for a second time in September. WPT National Valkenberg will begin 30 Sep with a €1,500 High Roller, and will end with a €750 buy-in WPT National Valkenberg Main Event.
WPT President Adam Pliska comments: “We are proud to announce our partnership with Holland Casino, and to bring both the WPT Main Tour and the WPT National Tour to two world-class properties in the Netherlands. The Dutch have a rich history in poker, including various final table appearances on the World Poker Tour, and we look forward to creating more memories with top professionals and aspiring players alike over the next four years.”
It’s a fantastic move by the WPT. When the European Poker Tour (EPT) crossed Deauville off their annual roster, I put a message out to social media asking where they would like to see an event held. Amsterdam was one of the top choices. Only it’s not the EPT that’s setting up camp, it’s the WPT, and Holland Casino, CEO, Willem-Jan van den Dijssel couldn’t be happier.
“We are delighted with the fact that the WPT Main Tour is coming to Holland Casino Amsterdam. After the first alliance for a WPT National in Valkenburg last year, it is the first time that the WPT Main Tour is in Holland, and therefore an important moment.
“WPT is one of the largest poker tours and a premier name in international poker. We are proud to host the tournament and are convinced that it will take poker to a higher level in the Netherlands.”
Here is a full run down of the two events.
WPT Amsterdam (May 8-16)
The WPT Amsterdam festival kicks off May 8 with a single re-entry live satellite, and is followed by a two-day, €330 buy-in warm up event on May 9. Other events include:
• May 9 at 4 pm: €330 buy-in Warm Up (Freeze out)
• May 10 at 2 pm: €6,000 buy-in High Roller (Unlimited re-entry until start of Day 2)
• May 10 at 4 pm: €600 buy-in Bounty Event (Freeze out with €100 bounties)
• May 11 at 2 pm: Day 1A of €3,300 buy-in WPT Amsterdam Main Event (One re-entry per day)
• May 12 at 2 pm: Day 1B of €3,300 buy-in WPT Amsterdam Main Event (One re-entry per day)
• May 12 at 4 pm: €330 buy-in Mixed PLO/NLH
• May 13 at 4 pm: €750 buy-in Eight Max NLH
• May 14 at 4 pm: €1,500 buy-in Big Stack (Single re-entry)
• May 15 at 4 pm: €550 buy-in PLO
• May 16 at 2 pm: €300 buy-in Turbo (One-day event)
Qualifiers for the WPT Amsterdam Main Event include:
• May 8 at 2 pm: €330 buy-in (Single re-entry)
• May 9 at 6 pm: €330 buy-in (Single re-entry)
• May 10 at 6 pm: €330 buy-in (Single re-entry)
• May 11 at 6 pm: €330 buy-in (Single re-entry)