Monday’s night saw this year’s International Gaming Awards handed out in front of a star-studded gala dinner at London’s Sheraton Park Lane hotel. The awards give the entire gaming industry the chance to gather and celebrate all those outstanding performers over the past year. According it has an Asian-facing feel to it and a number of the casino business awards were handed over to major casino firms from the area.
CalvinAyre.com’s team was on hand to cover all the action at the event that sold out a matter of days before it took place. Those who grabbed up one of the hot tickets weren’t disappointed as they arrived to a plush drinks reception followed by a gala dinner that befitted the luxurious décor present throughout.
The evening took on a different format to previous year as awards being handed out were intersected by various courses of the food. This was up to its usual high standard with a starter of ravioli over halibut and a sirloin of venison as the main. The new format may have meant the awards went on for a little longer than usual but it meant that the focus stayed on the awards. Remember it is an award’s gig after all!
This didn’t take away from the fact that it felt that slightest bit disjointed but in terms of charity this ceremony more than lived up to expectations. In the charity auction more than £3,000 was raised with spa and car racing prizes being the top picks amongst the throng of guests in attendance.
In all 21 awards were handed out with the new category of Payment Solutions Provider going to Optimal Payment Solutions. One of the best parts of the evening came shortly after the iPad 2 raffle when a lady came on stage to “receive an award” before revealing herself as a performer along with others dotted around the audience at random interval. By the time they’d all jumped out the whole room was joining them in a rendition of “when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that’s amore!” Sadly there full room conga to crown it off!
The last of the awards were then handed out before everyone retired to the bar for a couple and then headed for the doors.
You can see a highlights video right here and the full list of winners was as follows:
1. Casino/Integrated Resort of the Year – Galaxy Macau Integrated Resort
2. Casino Operator Of The Year Europe – Casinos Austria International
3. Casino Operator Of The Year Americas – Foxwoods Resort Casino
4. Casino Operator Of The Year Australia/Asia – Galaxy Entertainment
5. Casino VIP Room of the Year – Crown Limited
6. Customer Experience of the Year – City of Dreams, Melco Crown Entertainment
7. iGaming Software Supplier – Playtech
8. Industry Publication/Portal of the Year – iGaming Business
9. Mobile Operator of the Year – Paddy Power
10. Online Bingo Operator of the Year – 888ladies
11. Online Casino Operator of the Year – 32Red
12. Online Poker Operator of the Year – PartyPoker
13. Online Sportsbook Operator of the Year – Betsson
14. Payment Solutions Provider Company of the Year – Optimal Payment Solutions
15. Socially Responsible Operator of the Year Land Based – ALH Group
16. Socially Responsible Operator of the Year Online – Skybet
17. Slot Manufacturer/Provider Online or Land Based – IGT
18. Slots Operator of the Year (Online) – Redcorp S.A (7Red)
19. Technology Provider/Supplier – Continent 8 Technologies
20. Traditional Casino Equipment Supplier – Cammegh
21. Outstanding Contribution Award – Mr. Bertil Knutsson of TCS John Huxley