To promote their crowdfunding campaign, WantMyBet are giving away 1% of their company that is valued at £1.74m.
WantMyBet is a social network for football betting, that enables people to find, share and bet on football predictions. They have recently launched a crowdfund campaign with Seedrs. To stand out from the crowd the three founders decided to launch an exclusive competition on LinkedIn where they are giving away some of their personal shares in the company to one lucky user.
The innovative marketing ploy is the first time a startup has given away equity over social media. Since launching it has already proved very popular and has already been shared hundreds of times, raising over £35,000 on their campaign in the first four days of being live.
This equity giveaway can be compared to a similar campaign by eCommerce startup (Jet.com) who last year gave away 100,000 shares of Jet stock to the person who could sign up the most new users. This week, Jet has just been bought by Walmart for $3,000,000,000 and the competition winner is now a multi millionaire.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Jet equity giveaway: http://fusion.net/story/54990/guy-got-rich-using-jet/
– WantMyBet iPhone download: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/wantmybet/id1107953479?mt=8
– WantMyBet Android download: https://www.wantmybet.com/downloadandroid-app
– WantMyBet website: www.wantmybet.com
– LinkedIn post asset:
– Continuing the theme of unorthodox marketing ploys, the founders explored another avenue to direct traffic to their crowdfund campaign in the manifestation on DATING APPS. Setting up a fake profiles on Tinder, Happn and Bumble (under ‘Amber Jane’ – see below screenshots) using one of the founders girlfriends pictures (she agreed to help for the good cause). They directed matches to ‘Amber’s’ Instagram with they we presented with the following:
– Amber Jane’s dating profiles:
– WantMyBet launched Facebook Live’s first ever football betting show on the opening day of the Premier League season, which will continue every Saturday morning throughout the rest of the season.