Macau, May 18, 2016 – Global Gaming Expo Asia (G2E Asia), Asia’s one-stop destination for gaming and entertainment decision makers and suppliers, co-organized by the American Gaming Association and Reed Exhibitions, continues to demonstrate its commitment to serving industry needs and propelling forward the development of Asia’s gaming industry. World-class speakers, a powerful conference program, extensive government engagement and diverse onsite activities number among event highlights as it celebrates a decade of success and growth in Macau and Asia.
G2E Asia 2016 – Opening Day Recap
Day Two follows a successful opening of G2E Asia’s 10th anniversary edition at The Venetian Macao. The event kicked off with 180 exhibitors – 40% comprising newcomers, welcoming over 3,800 trade visitors from 79 countries and regions on the Opening Day, a number surpassed last year’s attendance by nearly 5%. Over 92% of Asian gaming operators attended to network and conduct business with gaming suppliers.
G2E Asia boasted support from key leaders of government, industry and the diplomatic community. Mr. Hu Wei, President of Reed Exhibitions Greater China officially opened the event – complete with a 10th anniversary timeline, followed by Mr. Geoff Freeman, President and CEO of the American Gaming Association. The ceremony additionally featured G2E Asia congratulatory videos and ribbon-cutting. The occasion concluded with a traditional lion eye-dotting and dance – leading invited VIPs and guests directly onto the show floor.
Dignitaries from local government and business organizations and the international gaming industry attended the Opening Ceremony, including:
- Kou Ming, Deputy Director of Economic Affairs Department, Liaison Office the Central People’s Government in Macau SAR;
- Liu Yu, Director of Policy Research Department, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China in the Macao Special Administrative Region;
- Cheong Chu Weng, President, Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute;
- Paul Chan, Director, Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau. Macao S.A.R.;
- Ho Hoi Ming; President of Board of Directors, Macao Convention & Exhibition; Association;
- Angela Leong, Executive Director of SJM Holdings Limited;
- Wilfred Y. W. Wong GBS, JP, President & Chief Operating Officer, Sands China Ltd.;
- Jorge Neto Valente, Group Advisor of Galaxy Entertainment Group and Managing Director of Galaxy Casino S.A;
- Ted Chan, Chief Operating Officer, Melco Crown Entertainment Limited;
- Charlie Ward, Executive Vice President of Casino Operations, Wynn Macau Limited;
- Brian Fiddis, Senior Vice President of Casino Marketing & Business development, MGM;
- Marcus Prater, Executive Director, Association with Gaming Equipment Manufacturers;
To view G2E Asia 10-year anniversary video click here.
The concurrently running G2E Asia 2016 Conference Program commenced under the theme of Global Market Analysis. Mr. Aaron Fischer, Head of Consumer & Gaming Research at brokerage and investment group CLSA, delivered the first of three talks with his highly anticipated assessment titled “Asian Gaming Market Outlook”.
The reception was followed by the inaugural edition of the Asia Gaming Awards and ceremonial dinner. Produced by Asia Gaming Brief, in association with G2E Asia and The Innovation Group, the Asia Gaming Awards (AGAwards) will be held annually to reward excellence and innovation in the gaming industry. Award winners were judged and selected among 10 categories spanning both land based and online fields, with an additional category recognizing up and coming leaders in the industry.
2016 Asia Gaming Award recipients are as follows:
● Best Casino Operator – Las Vegas Sands
● Best Integrated Resort – Galaxy Macau
● Best Casino Design – Wynn Macau
● Best Table Games Manufacturer – Scientific Games
● Best Electronic Game Machine Manufacturer – Scientific Games
● Best Industry Supplier – Scientific Games
● Best Online Service – Bet365
● Best Online Supplier – Playtech
● Best Mobile Solution – Playtech
● Outstanding Contribution in the Field of “Innovation” – Suzo Happ
G2E Asia 2016 Day Two:
All-day Conference Program Features Thought-provoking Sessions Led by Industry’s Top Leaders and Influencers
The concurrently running G2E Asia 2016 Conference Program is designed to provide the most comprehensive gaming education and professional development in Asia. Today it will present updates on regional developments and practical, cost-effective insights relevant to the challenges facing Asian operators today, including diversification, transformation and Innovation.
It will kick off under the theme Opportunities for Integrated Resorts with opening talk “Gaming and Retail Working Hand-in-Hand”, panelists will explain the motivation behind retail, along with the phenomenon of shopping popularity in Asia and the demographics that make this group essential to integrated resorts and gaming destinations.
Mr. Paulo Martins Chan, Director of the Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ), Macao SAR, will kickstart the afternoon session with “Transformation in Changing Conditions”. His opening remarks will focus on assessing opportunities within the markets and explore industry sectors.
For full details of the G2E Asia Conference Program, click here.
Activity-Filled Agenda Continues to Feed Onsite Buzz
Gaming Regulators Networking Luncheon – The first-time Gaming Regulators Networking Luncheon will provide a networking platform for gaming regulators to exchange views, share updates and explore cooperation opportunities that facilitate the rapid development and future of Asia’s gaming markets.
Asia Lottery Forum – The Asia Lottery Forum returns as the meeting place for experts to network and discuss the latest lottery developments in the internet era. Last year’s event boasted over 300 lottery industry experts, operators and peers from China and abroad.
Visit G2E Asia 2016 and register on arrival at Venetian Macao tomorrow to take part. For more information, please visit www.g2easia.com.
ABOUT G2E ASIA
G2E Asia is the international gaming trade show and conference for the Asian gaming industry. Organized by the American Gaming Association (AGA) and Reed Exhibition, G2E Asia made its debut in 2007, defining itself as the preeminent show for the Asian gaming-entertainment industry.
About the American Gaming Association
The American Gaming Association is the premier national trade group representing the $240 billion U.S. casino industry, which supports 1.7 million jobs in 40 states. AGA members include commercial and tribal casino operators, suppliers and other entities affiliated with the gaming industry. It is the mission of the AGA to be the single most effective champion of the industry, relentlessly protecting against harmful and often misinformed public policies, and paving a path for growth, innovation and reinvestment
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 43 countries. In 2014 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 41 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.