Tiz G. Corta, CEO and Owner, Inspired Publishing Ltd., is an entrepreneur, author, speaker, coach and university lecturer. He has been involved in the online industry since 1995 when he launched his first ecommerce store as a teenager. He pursued a career as an investment banker & fund manager before relinquishing the corporate lifestyle in favor of building a home-based affiliate business. Within one year the operation grew to a six / seven figure business with two full time staff and no fixed office. In the last 12 months Tiz ran the business from 11 different countries. He lectures on one of the first-ever university-level courses on email marketing. His latest books include Zero To $1 Million: 5 Steps to Doubling Your Income with Email Marketing and Your First Million: 15 Mindset Hacks To Earn
According to Corta, there are three things an affiliate must focus on if they want to succeed:
1) Choose a niche or have an edge. It could be in a form of knowledge in the market, technical edge or having traffic.
2) Focus on tracking! This is of upmost importance.
3) Discipline- Find out what’s working in your business and keep doing it again and again.
Tracking for affiliate marketing is everything. This is the TNT of the business. Tracking is what makes the business explode. You must really track the cost of traffic; how much is it costing you to send that visitor to whatever product that you promote; how much money do you make for each visitor that you send o the product you are promoting. And there are minor things, that can make an impact, such as what time of the day you have to promote; what day of the week and in what country
Corta also emphasized the importance of capturing an email list as the information is 100% yours and Google cannot shut this information down but they sure can shut your website down. His top tips for monetizing that list, no matter how big or small, are as follows:
1) Segment the lists in as many ways as you can
2) Assuming the list is segmented, hit it hard as users will find the messages useful. Do not hit your list hard before it is segmented or else users will view the messages as spam.
3) Try different products at different price points and track the results to find out what works.
Watch the video to hear more from Tiz G. Corta.