Macau Legend Development are laying the groundwork for a new gambling facility worth HK$5billion at the Fisherman’s Wharf theme park. Business Daily reports that a “person with knowledge of the matter” claims an agreement has already been signed with the government and the venue will operate under SJM Holding’s licence as a “third-party promoted casino”. The venue will be ready by 2016 at the very latest and will sit alongside fellow SJM-venue the Babylon.
Certain casinos in the enclave saw revenues drop rapidly during the first half of 2012. Data obtained by the Jornal Tribuna de Macau showed that SJM-owned Greek Mythology and Galaxy-owned Grand Waldo were the worst affected with the former’s gross revenue down 46 percent year-on-year. The latter, meanwhile, saw gross revenues drop 62 percent. There are 36 casinos in total in Macau and if only nine are seeing declines it’s not time for anyone to panic.
iGaming Asia Congress has released the names of those sitting on the advisory board for next year’s edition. Heading the list is the president of PhilWeb Dennis Valdes and Jesper Jensen, head of sportsbook at Samvo, both of whom have spoken to CalvinAyre.com recently. iGA 2013 takes place from 12-14 March at the Grand Hyatt Macau and sees all facets of the industry covered including mobile, live betting, lotteries, live dealers and a lot more. The full advisory board is as follows:
- Alan Randall, CEO, AsiaFun
- Magnus Grinneback, Director of Asia, Betsson
- Lam Iao, Founder & CEO, Laxino Technology
- Jonas Alm, CEO, Mahjong Logic
- Dennis Valdes, President, PhilWeb
- Jesper Ramskov Jensen, Head of Sportsbook, Samvo
- Bill Mummery, Executive Director, Sbobet
- John Ang, Managing Director, SG8 International
- Allen Yan, CEO, Spade9
- Kelvin Lai, CEO, Xin Tian Di Entertainment