Mike Sexton announces his retirement from the World Poker Tour to concentrate on his new position as Chairman of partypoker.
The secret is out of the bag, partypoker want their crown back.
The one time largest online poker room in the world has appointed Mike Sexton to the position of Chairman, and one of his goals is to make partypoker LIVE the biggest live tournament poker tour in the world.
‘We are not aiming for second place,’ wrote Sexton as he spoke of his new role.
If you were wondering what a Chairman of an online gaming company does all day, then you’re in luck. In a brazen show of transparency, partypoker aired Sexton’s roles & responsibilities.
Here they are:
• Invest in software development to deliver an industry leading player experience
• Improve customer services and strive to resolve player issues on the same day
• Reward the loyalty of players who start games and keep the action going
• Look after smaller bankroll players with value added promotions
• Fight against the use of third party software that gives an unfair advantage
• Invest marketing budgets within the poker community
• Develop partypoker Live to become the largest live poker tour in the world
• Support partners and have their backs
• Only appoint management who get poker, who are trusted, and who actually care
• Hold hands up to the poker community when mistakes are made
The appointment of Sexton is the second high-profile managerial insertion after John Duthie joined as President of partypoker LIVE in February. Both players clearly passing the only appoint management who get poker, who are trusted, and who actually care detail.
Mike Sexton Leaves the WPT; Tony Dunst to Replace Him
Sexton’s appointment means he will step down as co-commentator of the World Poker Tour (WPT) to be replaced by Tony Dunst.
Sexton has joined Vince Van Patten in the commentary booth for all of the past 15-seasons and acceded to the WPT Champions Club after winning the WPT Montreal Main Event in Season XV, a triumph that enchanted the poker community and resulted in nominations for three American Poker Awards (APA) in Los Angeles earlier this year.
WPT President, Adam Pliska, said that Sexton was much more than a commentator and had helped to make the WPT a better company. He also expressed his confidence in Dunst, stating he was always going to be the man to step into Sexton’s position when the inevitable day came.
Dunst, who is also a WPT Champions Club member, and has made the final table of five WPT Main Events, has been the host of The Raw Deal for the past seven seasons, after winning a very competitive open casting for the role. The WPT are yet to announce a predecessor for Dunst.
The changes take place at WPT Choctaw, the first televised event of Season XVI
World Series of Bracelet winner and Poker Hall of Fame member, Sexton, thanked the WPT founder Steve Lipscomb for his vision; Adam Pliska for taking the WPT to new heights and for the entire WPT family.
Here is some love from one of those family members.
— Lynn Gilmartin (@LynnGilmartin) May 22, 2017