Over a third (34%) of Brits say they wouldn’t give up their mobile phone for a year for anything less than £50,000 – almost double the national average salary. And nearly 1 in 10 of us (7%) are so dependent on our mobile phone that we would only consider letting go of our device for at least £1m.
Mobile phones aren’t the only precious items in our lives, with games (video, computer and mobile) also being something people would hate to give up. Over 1 in 5 of us (21%) would have to be paid over £50,000 to go without them for a year.
The cities which would find giving up gaming the hardest are:
- Edinburgh (44%)
- Cardiff (37%)
- Liverpool (36%)
- Birmingham (33%)
- London (22%)
It seems that Brits even prefer technology to their own partners, with 14% of the UK stating they would only need up to £500 to go without seeing their loved one for a whole year.
In comparison, pets are amongst the most precious possessions, with nearly 1 in 4 of British adults (24%) saying they couldn’t go without seeing their furry friend for a year unless they were paid at least £500,000.
And when it comes to which age group is most obsessed with social media, 18 to 24 year olds are clear winners, with 18% refusing to give up Facebook, Twitter or Instagram unless they were paid over half a million pounds. It seems the older you are, the less infatuated you become with only 8% of 25 to 34 year olds, 7% of 35 to 44 year olds and 3% of 45 to 54 year olds wanting the same amount of cash to give up social media.
Shenaly Amin, UK country manager for LeoVegas.com, comments on the findings: “As a company that strives to be at the forefront of technology, we weren’t surprised to see just how much technology has become an integral part of people’s lives. We are now able to use mobile devices to do a huge variety of tasks; playing games, hosting music, taking amazing photographs and surfing the internet.
“Although it’s surprising to see so many people would give up their partner more easily than their mobile, it’s important to remember that it’s our phones that allow us to stay in contact with our loved ones, from keeping in touch through social media, to making calls to speak to them in person.”
Notes to editor
- Based on an independent survey of 1006 British adults
- Based on the Office of National Statistics data. click here.
LeoVegas is an online casino that provides world-class game entertainment and offers over 500 + games on mobile, tablet and your computer. LeoVegas is Europe’s fastest and most user friendly mobile casino. With cutting edge technology, innovative data – driven marketing and a strong entrepreneurial management, LeoVegas has grown to become an
LeoVegas has won a number of awards including:
- LeoVegas Winner “Grand Prize for Summit Superstar 2015” – GP Bullhound’s European Unicorn Summit Awards
- LeoVegas Winner “Innovation in Mobile and Tablet”- EGR Innovation Awards 2014
- LeoVegas “Mobile Casino Product of the Year” – EGR Operator Awards 2014
- LeoVegas Winner “Slot App of the Year” & “Slot Game App of the Year” – Gaming App Awards 2014
- EGR Power 50 – ranked no 1 most influential mobile gaming operators in 2014
- LeoVegas Winner “Best Innovation in casino” – EGR Innovation Awards 2013
- EGR Power 50 – After less than 2 years of operations, LeoVegas was placed on the EGR Power 50 list of the most influential gaming operators.