Tag Archives: xi jinping
- Macau casino stocks in highest level since 2015
April 10, 2017
Macau casino stocks are now making a comeback more than a year since President Xi Jinping has launched an anti-corruption campaign.
- GPL China reveals eight franchise names
December 13, 2016
The Global Poker League China announced the names of the eight teams that will compete in the debut season and the players will follow in the coming months.
- Philippine casinos to benefit from China tourism deal
October 20, 2016
China & Philippines sign tourism pact, starting with a charter flight service to ferry Chinese gamblers to Jimei Group casino in Laoag.
- Gaming, junket jobs in Macau drops in Q2
July 30, 2015
The number of Macau’s gaming and junket jobs dropped to 83,800 in the second quarter of 2015.
- Shanghai entrepreneur owes $160 million in gambling
February 24, 2015
Chinese govt is investigating Shao Dongming CEO of Dongding Investment for corruption, specifically his $160M of gambling debts in Macau.
- China executes billionaire business tycoon with gambling ties
February 10, 2015
China’s fight against corruption is no joke. Billionaire Liu Han has been executed after being found guilty of running a "mafia-style" gang.
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017
William Hill exits China, loses Jimmy Vaccaro to South Point
August 18, 2013