Tag Archives: Wire Act
- DOJ to wait 90 days before acting on new Wire Act opinion
January 16, 2019
US Department of Justice announces a 90-day delay in implementing new Wire Act opinion, warns that delay isn't “a safe harbor for violations.”
- Online gambling illegal again? Sure, whatever
January 15, 2019
Online gambling is illegal again across the US, technically, thanks to what could be termed the “run-on sentence heard round the world.”
- US DOJ reverses its 2011 opinion on scope of Wire Act
US Department of Justice issues new legal opinion that declares 1961 Wire Act applies to other forms of online gambling, not just sports betting.
- Is DOJ preparing another Xmas drive-by of the Wire Act?
December 20, 2018
Rumors swirl that the US Department of Justice is preparing to release a new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act that will reverse its 2011 opinion.
- New Jersey rep preps pro-online gambling legislation; Reid done with online gambling
October 21, 2016
New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. to introduce new federal online and land-based gambling legislation; Sen. Harry Reid done with gambling.
- Conservative group sues DOJ over refusal to hand over Wire Act opinion documents
August 19, 2015
Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch sues Department of Justice over refusal to hand over documents related to 2011 Wire Act opinion.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018