Tag Archives: Wire Act
- The Mouthpiece: DOJ mind games vs the future of iGaming
27 February 2019
There will be extensive commentary on New Hampshire's lawsuit against DOJ's Wire Act opinion, but the most important aspect is scarcely discussed: why?
- Another challenger to new Wire Act interpretation emerges
26 February 2019
The iDea Growth trade association has submitted a challenge to the new interpretation of the Wire act in New Hampshire courts.
- US DOJ faces another possible lawsuit over Wire Act reversal
19 February 2019
If DOJ doesn’t offer a response within the 90-day grace period already established when it reversed its opinion, the lawsuit will most likely move forward.
- Gamble free or die: Wire Act view faces New Hampshire challenge
16 February 2019
New Hampshire's state lottery files legal challenge of US Department of Justice's new opinion on the scope of the 1961 Wire Act.
- New Hampshire could sue the US over Wire Act
13 February 2019
As the U.S. gambling industry still reacts to the Wire Act, many jurisdictions in the space are already looking to stop the DOJ in its tracks.
- Attorneys-general, state lotteries protest DOJ’s Wire Act rethink
6 February 2019
Attorneys-general of New Jersey and Pennsylvania file request for documents relating to Department of Justice's new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act.
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
21 January 2018