Tag Archives: Virginia
- Virginia Senate committee gives poker skill game bill the thumbs-up
January 25, 2017
Virginia Senator Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth) had lost count on how many times she watched her gambling related bills flew straight in the garbage bin.
- Poker bill filed in Virginia hoping to follow DFS into law
January 16, 2017
Senator Louise Lucas has submitted an amended gambling bill that seeks to admit poker as a game of skill.
- Virginia guv signs daily fantasy sports bill; New Jersey bill imagines 9.25% DFS tax
March 8, 2016
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe signs daily fantasy sports bill into law; New Jersey DFS bill has no license fees, 9.25% tax on DFS revenue.
- Virginia approves DFS bill; New York online poker backer files new DFS bill
February 24, 2016
Virginia first state to pass pro-daily fantasy sports legislation since industry imploded; New York online poker backer files new DFS bill.
- Red Wire: Gay Marriage Non-Decision A Good Sign For Freedom
October 7, 2014
SCOTUS was asked to examine at previous court decisions that had overturned bans on gay marriage but they declined to revisit those cases.
- Archie Karas must face trial for card-marking; plea deals in sports bet cases
May 3, 2014
Archie Karas must face trial for allegedly marking cards at Barona Casino in California; sports betting pleas in Virginia, Michigan
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Law panel leans towards regulating gambling in India
March 20, 2017
Nevada legalizes Parimutuel Betting on eSports
October 17, 2017