Tag Archives: Virginia
- Despite recent DOJ opinion, states forge ahead with sports gambling
January 15, 2019
The DOJ issued its opinion that the Wire Act covers all online gambling, but several states are still pushing with legislation to offer their residents.
- Virginia bill limits sports bets to online platforms
November 26, 2018
A bill has been drafted in Virginia to regulate online sports betting in the state.
- Virginia multimillion-dollar casino plans announced
September 10, 2018
A $150-million resort casino for Bristol, VA has won the favor of the community believe that it will have a “transformative” effect on the city’s economy.
- Virginia, Florida post record lottery sales in FY17-18
July 12, 2018
The states of Virginia and Florida have posted record lottery sales for the fiscal year 2017-18 as the allure of big Powerball and Mega Million jackpots.
- Virginia Senate committee gives poker skill game bill the thumbs-up
January 25, 2017
Virginia Senator Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth) had lost count on how many times she watched her gambling related bills flew straight in the garbage bin.
- Poker bill filed in Virginia hoping to follow DFS into law
January 16, 2017
Senator Louise Lucas has submitted an amended gambling bill that seeks to admit poker as a game of skill.
Just 1.3% of daily fantasy sports players earn 91% of player profits
September 4, 2015
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015
DraftKings moving to bigger HQ, hiring hundreds more staff
January 12, 2018
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017