Tag Archives: Valve Corporation
- Valve issue cease & desist to OPSkins as gambling & scams return; OPSkins respond
June 14, 2018
Valve sent a cease & desist to the peer-to-peer skin trading platform OPSkins via Twitter, and OPSkins respond that they're not going anywhere.
- Valve Corp’s illegal skin gambling crackdown spills over Team Fortress 2
January 31, 2017
ESports developer Valve Corporation continues to purge online gambling sites taking advantage of its open application program interface.
- ESports players wagered nearly $5 billion on CS:GO skins in 2016
January 24, 2017
The crackdown against the CS skins trading has apparently not spooked gamblers from wagering in the illicit multi-player, first person video game.
- Valve Corp challenges Washington state to lawyer up or shut up
October 18, 2016
Valve Corp responds to Washington state's demand to eradicate eSports skin betting by challenging state to prove Valve's breaking the law.
- Washington State warns Valve Corp to halt eSports skin betting via Steam
October 5, 2016
Washington State Gambling Commission gives Valve Corp until Oct. 14 to clamp down on third-party eSports skin betting or face legal action.
- CSGO Lounge shuts down skin gambling operations
August 18, 2016
Valve Corp.’s crackdown on video game skin gambling websites is finally paying off more than a month after the skin scandal broke out.
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
February 23, 2017
Unikrn rolls out cryptocurrency for eSports betting
June 20, 2017
eSports betting cryptocurrency UnikoinGold fetches $31M at crowdsale
October 24, 2017
Worlds 2017 – the biggest LoL eSports tournament this year
September 22, 2017