Tag Archives: Valve Corporation
- Valve want International teams to axe gambling ties in short-sighted move
August 22, 2018
Dota 2 developer has warned The International participants to icy ties with gambling companies & websites through fear of exposing their brand to children.
- Valve issue cease & desist to OPSkins as gambling & scams return; OPSkins respond
June 14, 2018
Valve sent a cease & desist to the peer-to-peer skin trading platform OPSkins via Twitter, and OPSkins respond that they're not going anywhere.
- Valve Corp’s illegal skin gambling crackdown spills over Team Fortress 2
January 31, 2017
ESports developer Valve Corporation continues to purge online gambling sites taking advantage of its open application program interface.
- ESports players wagered nearly $5 billion on CS:GO skins in 2016
January 24, 2017
The crackdown against the CS skins trading has apparently not spooked gamblers from wagering in the illicit multi-player, first person video game.
- Valve Corp challenges Washington state to lawyer up or shut up
October 18, 2016
Valve Corp responds to Washington state's demand to eradicate eSports skin betting by challenging state to prove Valve's breaking the law.
- Washington State warns Valve Corp to halt eSports skin betting via Steam
October 5, 2016
Washington State Gambling Commission gives Valve Corp until Oct. 14 to clamp down on third-party eSports skin betting or face legal action.
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
February 23, 2017
Unikrn rolls out cryptocurrency for eSports betting
June 20, 2017
eSports betting cryptocurrency UnikoinGold fetches $31M at crowdsale
October 24, 2017