Tag Archives: United States gambling law
- Gambling and the Law: The Supreme Court changes everything
6 June 2018
For the first time in U.S history, the Supreme Court expressly held that the federal government cannot order states, or state officials, to do anything.
- Gambling and the Law: SCOTUS in the PASPA sausage factory
6 March 2018
An update on the Supreme Court of the United States about the oral arguments in the New Jersey sports betting case that took place last December 4, 2017.
- Little noticed bill would tilt playing field in tribes’ favor
23 January 2018
The House of Representatives passed a bill a few days ago that would take away the unions' right to easily organize workers at tribal casinos.
- Can sports books survive a 1% tax on handle?
17 January 2018
Expert analysis of the impact that the proposed 1% on bets would have on sports book operators can be read here.
- Measuring China’s impact on Las Vegas
19 October 2017
The China's corruption crackdown has an downturn impact in the Macau casino industry revenue and would this say the same thing in Las Vegas.
- The coming crash of the eSports Skins market
18 October 2017
Skins are any virtual items players can earn by playing video games. The changes were only electronically skin deep – they gained the name “skins.
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
23 February 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017