Tag Archives: thailand
- The “claw crane” becomes the latest target of gambling opponents
24 February 2020
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Soon, gambling opponents will figure out how to spin any activity into having ties to gambling, regardless of how innocuous it may be.
- Online gambling ads on video file-sharing sites under scrutiny
12 November 2019
Authorities and rights holders are taking a tougher stance on pirate video sites that derive advertising revenue from online gambling sites.
- Thailand gambling ban a failure, according to new survey
7 October 2019
A new gambling participation survey finds 30.4m Thailand citizens aged 15+ had gambled this year, a 1.5m rise over 2017 survey results.
- Thailand warns 3.3m residents of online gambling data breach
29 August 2019
Thailand government’s cyber watchdog warns that up to 3.3m of its citizens’ data may have been compromised via association with online gambling sites.
- Lottery scandal to provide former Thailand PM with jail time
10 June 2019
Former Prime Minister (PM) of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, was sentenced to three years in prison for using his position for economic gain.
- Thailand busts illegal slot machine warehouse
9 April 2019
Thai police found 159 slot machines in a shophouse near the Malaysia border, and brought in two men for questioning.
DNA test to determine Thailand lottery jackpot winner
29 December 2017