Tag Archives: Tencent
- Is poker going to be scratched in Macau?
17 September 2018
As regulators continue to clamp down on gambling in Macau, some believe that China's special administrative region may be forced to give up on poker.
- Tencent forces poker platform closure
11 September 2018
A recent increase in government scrutiny of the country’s gaming industry is causing a number of companies to rethink their offerings.
- China’s eSports market to explode by 2020
28 June 2018
Tencent forecasts that eSports user base in China would reach 350 million by year 2020, generating $1.5b in revenues annually.
- Tencent courts Indian fantasy sports site Dream11 with $100M offer
19 April 2018
Tencent Holdings is adding a Mumbai-based daily fantasy sports platform to its list of investments as it window-shops for businesses across Asia.
- “The Blockchain+ era is coming!” says Tencent after BRI hook up
5 October 2017
China's video game giant, Tencent, is the latest respectable company to add significant weight to the Canadian-based Blockchain Research Institute (BRI).
- WSOP to host bracelet & ring events in China with Tencent deal
10 July 2017
The World Series of Poker has partnered with Tencent to launch the brand in China leading to bracelet and ring events in the region.
Doyle Brunson once turned down $230M, and he still has nightmares
16 February 2018
Sihanoukville casino boom draws mixed reactions in Cambodia
22 February 2018