Tag Archives: Sweden
- Sports stock exchange INDEX expands into Canada, Sweden
March 2, 2018
Similar to the way a commodity exchange works, INDEX allows participants to buy and sell money shares of more than 2,000 football players.
- Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
February 9, 2018
Video game loot boxes may be restricted in Sweden as early as January 2019 if a legislation seeking to classify it as gambling becomes a law.
- Svenska Spel’s 2017 revenue slips despite online, mobile surge
February 7, 2018
Sweden's state-owned online gambling monopoly Svenska Spel sees revenue dip in 2017 despite surge in online and mobile activity.
- Betsson trimming 160 staff; Svenska Spel’s future questioned
January 29, 2018
Swedish online gambling operator Betsson AB cutting 160 staff to make operation more efficient; Swedish gov't challenged over fate of Svenska Spel.
- Svenska Spel CEO Lennart Käll resigns ahead of market revamp
January 26, 2018
Lennart Käll, CEO of Swedish gambling monopoly Svenska Spel, stepping down after seven years, just ahead of market liberalization.
- Swedish media got a lot fatter off gambling ad revenue in 2017
January 22, 2018
Swedish media enjoyed record revenue from unauthorized gambling operators in 2017, leading to pushback from local gaming regulator.
Report: Sweden to end Svenska Spel online gambling monopoly
March 30, 2017
Gambling operators welcome Swedish liberalization roadmap
March 31, 2017