Tag Archives: Sweden
- Global Gaming loses latest appeal of Swedish license revocation
12 November 2019
Global Gaming 555 AB loses its latest appeal of the Swedish gambling regulator's revocation of its local subsidiary's operating license.
- Who really gets the Jackpot under the new Swedish Gambling act?
11 November 2019
The new Swedish Gaming Act came into force with many operators, affiliates or even game developers feel the weight after a year of enforcement.
- Micromanagement could kill legal gambling in Sweden, says trade group
8 November 2019
While having regulations in place can help any gambling market mature and protect consumers, micromanaging could prove to be counterproductive.
- Sweden’s Q3 online gambling revenue sinks to new 2019 low
29 October 2019
Sweden's gambling regulator reports that Swedish-licensed online operators generated revenue of SEK3.35b in Q3, the lowest quarterly total this year.
- Svenska Spel taking “aggressive” steps to reverse downward trend
24 October 2019
Sweden's state-run gambling operator Svenska Spel saw revenue fall yet again in Q3, but company says it's taking 'aggressive' steps to reverse this trend.
- Betsson insists long-term strategy a winner despite “downturns”
Online gambling operator Betsson AB insists that its long-term strategy is a winner despite "temporary downturns" in a number of key markets.
Christmas comes early: Sweden release draft gambling legislation
21 December 2017
Sweden receives 55 online gambling license applications
8 October 2018
Sweden issues first batch of new online gambling licenses
30 November 2018