Tag Archives: spread betting
- IG Group restricts volatile Sprints product to existing customers
January 25, 2017
Leading UK spread betting firm IG Group to restrict its volatile Sprints binary options product to existing customers only following new FCA rules.
- Spread betting shares tumble on new UK restrictions
December 6, 2016
Spread betting firms' shares tumble as much as 32% after UK Financial Conduct Authority announces tighter restrictions on contracts for difference sector.
- UK financial watchdog publicly shames spread betting firms; CMC IPO is go
February 2, 2016
Financial Conduct Authority says UK spread betting and CFD firms “failing to do enough to prevent financial crime;" CMC Markets IPO is go.
- Cantor Gaming inks 188BET, Cantor Index shunts punters to Spreadex
March 24, 2013
Cantor Gaming to provide financial fixed odds product to 188BET; Cantor Index shunts spread betting clients to Spreadex
- Betable inks Flesher; UK wants social gaming to police itself; social spread betting
January 18, 2013
Betable inks Zynga's former biz-dev man; UK Gambling Commission head tells social game firms to regulate themselves; social spread betting?
- Spreadex can’t collect from five-year-old; Kakavas can’t collect from Crown casino
May 23, 2012
Spreadex loses court battle to compel customer to make good on £50k wagers; Melbourne Crown Casino wins court fight with Harry Kakavas
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016