Tag Archives: South Korea
- Paradise Co. net profit free fall continues in Q1 2018
May 10, 2018
South Korean casino operator Paradise Co. Ltd. extended its financial losing streak in the first quarter of 2018 with net income plunging 61.6 percent.
- Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment gain control of South Korea casino project
May 4, 2018
U.S. tribal casino operator Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment has gained full control of its casino project in South Korea after buying out its local partner.
- Overwatch Korean cheating update; bookies offer live odds on prerecorded games
May 2, 2018
An update on the Korean Overwatch cheating scandal, and news of five bookmakers offering live odds on pre-recorded events from South America.
- Jeju Shinhwa sees record profits in Q1 2018
April 27, 2018
Since opening in February, Jeju Shinhwa casino's gross gaming revenue was about $82.8 million.
- Japanese visitors give South Korea’s foreigners-only casinos new lease in life
April 16, 2018
Japanese tourists have been throwing a lifeline at South Korea’s foreigners-only casino sector amid the on-going diplomatic row between Seoul and Beijing.
- Landing boss Yang Zhihui’s gambling determination soars high
The tycoon has been involved in the South Korean gambling industry, pushing through even during an economic war between the two countries he calls home.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017