Tag Archives: Sky Betting and Gaming
- Stars Group learning that sports bettors sometimes win
May 15, 2019
The Stars Group reports sharp reduction in Q1 profit as 'disrupted' markets impose restrictions and UK sports bettors get lucky.
- The Stars Group’s reinvention sharply reduces poker reliance
March 6, 2019
Online gambling giant The Stars Group's 2018 report shows poker revenue falling to 35% of overall revenue in 2018, down from 65% the previous year.
- The Stars Group revenue surges on UK, Aussie acquisitions
November 7, 2018
PokerStars parent company The Stars Group reports revenue surge following UK and Aussie acquisitions while net earnings tumble.
- UK competition watchdog okays Stars Group, Sky Bet union
October 11, 2018
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority approves The Stars Group's $4.7b takeover of Sky Betting & Gaming, which names Ian Proctor as its new CEO.
- GVC Holdings to fund major US problem gambling study
September 19, 2018
GVC Holdings joins US-based National Council on Problem Gambling; Sky Bet CEO says operators should devote part of ad budget to problem gambling promos.
- Sky Bet’s December to remember masks second-half slowdown
September 17, 2018
Sky Betting & Gaming reports strong annual revenue and earnings growth, although much of that gain came in the operator-friendly December quarter.
NetBet first UK-licensed site to add Bitcoin payment option
October 17, 2016
PokerStars set to launch poker site in India
March 16, 2018
BetStars wins license in Czech Republic, gets banned in Slovakia
November 7, 2017