Tag Archives: Skin Betting
- Native Indian tribe sues Valve over skins gambling
April 15, 2019
The tribe alleges that skins betting, apart from being illegal, results in unfair competition.
- YouTuber Jake Paul partners with ‘Mystery Boxes’ creating gambling controversy
January 3, 2019
Jake Paul, draws criticism that he is advocating gambling to the underage members of his audience, after a partnership with ‘Mystery Boxes’.
- Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
September 18, 2018
European gaming regulators issue joint letter putting skin betting and loot boxes on notice; Aussie committee says loot boxes are 'gateway to gambling.'
- Fewer UK kids gambling in 2017 but skin betting proving popular
December 12, 2017
A new UK Gambling Commission survey finds fewer kids gambling in 2017 but those who do are often doing so via skin betting in video games.
- FTC lets skin betting shills TmarTn and ProSyndicate off the hook
September 7, 2017
The Federal Trade Commission gives a slap on the wrist to skin betting promoters who shilled for CSGOLotto without revealing ownership stakes.
- eSports skin betting sites targeted by Russia’s telecom watchdog
July 20, 2017
Russia's ban-happy telecom watchdog adds eSports skin betting sites to its online blacklist due to their resemblance to 'online casinos for children.'
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
February 23, 2017
Unikrn rolls out cryptocurrency for eSports betting
June 20, 2017
eSports betting cryptocurrency UnikoinGold fetches $31M at crowdsale
October 24, 2017