Tag Archives: Skin Betting
- Native Indian tribe sues Valve over skins gambling
15 April 2019
The tribe alleges that skins betting, apart from being illegal, results in unfair competition.
- YouTuber Jake Paul partners with ‘Mystery Boxes’ creating gambling controversy
3 January 2019
Jake Paul, draws criticism that he is advocating gambling to the underage members of his audience, after a partnership with ‘Mystery Boxes’.
- Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
18 September 2018
European gaming regulators issue joint letter putting skin betting and loot boxes on notice; Aussie committee says loot boxes are 'gateway to gambling.'
- Fewer UK kids gambling in 2017 but skin betting proving popular
12 December 2017
A new UK Gambling Commission survey finds fewer kids gambling in 2017 but those who do are often doing so via skin betting in video games.
- FTC lets skin betting shills TmarTn and ProSyndicate off the hook
7 September 2017
The Federal Trade Commission gives a slap on the wrist to skin betting promoters who shilled for CSGOLotto without revealing ownership stakes.
- eSports skin betting sites targeted by Russia’s telecom watchdog
20 July 2017
Russia's ban-happy telecom watchdog adds eSports skin betting sites to its online blacklist due to their resemblance to 'online casinos for children.'
Legality of CS:GO Skin Gambling
23 February 2017
Unikrn rolls out cryptocurrency for eSports betting
20 June 2017