Tag Archives: roskomnadzor
- Russia to punish VPN ops that refuse to block forbidden sites
June 10, 2019
Russia's telecom watchdog has given nine virtual private network operators 30 days in which to block access to forbidden sites or face the consequences.
- Russia to ban instant-win online lotteries as great firewall okayed
April 17, 2019
Russian Duma approves 'great firewall' legislation while Ministry of Finance wants to ban online instant-win lotteries as they're too close to casino games.
- Fonbet tops Russia online bookmaker traffic chart in 2018
February 1, 2019
Fonbet's website scored highest among Russian-licensed online sports betting operators in online traffic in 2018, narrowly edging out rival 1xBet.
- Russia blocked over 130k online gambling domains in 2018
January 16, 2019
Russia's telecom watchdog blocks over 130k online gambling domains in 2018, more than twice 2017's total; Azino777 first to make online payment blacklist.
- Google caves to Russia’s online gambling blacklist demands
January 11, 2019
Russian media reports that Google has begun scrubbing its Russian search results of blacklisted domains, including int'l online gambling sites.
- Russia testing new ‘deep packet inspection’ online filtering system
December 19, 2018
Russia's Roskomnadzor telecom watchdog reportedly spending up to RUB20b (US$295m) to impose new deep-packet inspection system to filter unwanted content.
Russia seizes bricks of cocaine featuring Bet365 logo
June 12, 2019
Russia to restrict Bitcoin sales to “qualified investors”
August 28, 2017