Tag Archives: roskomnadzor
- Russia’s censors the hardest working folks in online gambling
September 7, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog has blocked over 76k unauthorized online gambling domains in 2018, 269% more than it blocked in all of 2017.
- Russia’s telecom watchdog beefs up gambling blacklist tools
August 28, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog to incorporate IPv6 protocol to beef up its notoriously porous online gambling domain blacklist.
- Russia’s online bookmakers brace for 50% World Cup betting surge
June 12, 2018
Russian-licensed bookmakers expect 50% surge in activity during 2018 FIFA World Cup but also want government to do even more to improve their chances.
- Russia admits it can’t block YouTube gambling promos
May 28, 2018
Russia's Federal Antimonopoly Service admits it's currently powerless to prevent Russian-language online gambling promos appearing on YouTube.
- Russia’s new virtual private network restrictions take effect
November 1, 2017
Russia's new law restricting the use of virtual private networks (VPN) takes effect on November 1 in latest clampdown on accessing forbidden sites.
- Russian chamber of commerce welcomes bookies; gov’t admits domain-blocking failure
October 24, 2017
Russia's chamber of commerce forms new bookmaker subcommittee to address betting-related issues; Communications Minister says domain-blocking doesn't work.
Russia to restrict Bitcoin sales to “qualified investors”
August 28, 2017
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016