Tag Archives: rhode island
- Dover Downs, Twin River casino groups plot merger
July 23, 2018
The Delaware-based Dover Downs and Rhode Island's Twin River casino groups agree to merge, publicly list combined company.
- Rhode Island now a signature away from legal sports betting
June 21, 2018
Rhode Island's governor will sign the state's budget -- and its sports betting component -- into law by Friday; New York betting will wait for next year.
- IGT sole bidder for Rhode Island sports betting contract
May 22, 2018
International Game Technology books nine-figure net loss in Q1 despite modest revenue rise; IGT sole bidder for Rhode Island sports betting tender.
- Rhode Island moves forward with Tiverton casino
November 28, 2016
A Rhode Island town, divided by hotly contested casino vote, has started to mend its wounds.
- Taj Mahal emerges from bankruptcy into Carl Icahn’s hands
February 29, 2016
Trump Taj Mahal is officially out of bankruptcy. The Atlantic City casino emerged from Chapter 11 protection last Friday.
- Rhode Island AG says DFS is legal; FCC not deluged by DFS TV ad complaints
February 5, 2016
Rhode Island's attorney general says daily fantasy sports is legal under state law; DFS TV ad blitz generated few FCC complaints.
Just 1.3% of daily fantasy sports players earn 91% of player profits
September 4, 2015
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017
DraftKings moving to bigger HQ, hiring hundreds more staff
January 12, 2018
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015