Tag Archives: rhode island
- Rhode Island moves forward with Tiverton casino
November 28, 2016
A Rhode Island town, divided by hotly contested casino vote, has started to mend its wounds.
- Taj Mahal emerges from bankruptcy into Carl Icahn’s hands
February 29, 2016
Trump Taj Mahal is officially out of bankruptcy. The Atlantic City casino emerged from Chapter 11 protection last Friday.
- Rhode Island AG says DFS is legal; FCC not deluged by DFS TV ad complaints
February 5, 2016
Rhode Island's attorney general says daily fantasy sports is legal under state law; DFS TV ad blitz generated few FCC complaints.
- Plainridge Park: not a big impact on Rhode Island casino
September 2, 2015
Massachusetts’ first casino is off to a solid start, according to investment firm, and has hit nearby casinos in Rhode Island.
- Red Wire: Decriminalize It!
July 22, 2014
Research shows that decriminalization of prostitution, drug use & other vices can lead to reductions in crime & threats to public health.
- Rhode Island fretting soon-to-open Massachusetts casinos; Indiana proposing casino tax cuts
January 21, 2013
Rhode Island is expecting a loss in lottery revenue once Massachusetts opens its three new casinos; Indiana is trying to do what it can to stave off competition from neighboring states
Genting Malaysia may lose $274M on Mass. casino bet
May 23, 2017
MGM Springfield adds more poker tables, because kids love ’em
September 29, 2017
UPDATED: Caesars spends $1.7b acquiring Centaur Indiana casinos
November 16, 2017