Tag Archives: republic of georgia
- Republic of Georgia to restrict gambling ads, funding int’l sites
October 3, 2018
Republic of Georgia's new gambling legislation is said to include bans on advertising and funding int'l sites; gov't seeks help counting gambling revenue.
- Gambling beats grocery shopping in Republic of Georgia
June 15, 2018
The Republic of Georgia's gambling industry generated spending of $2.3b in 2017, while three betting companies make the country's top-10 earners.
- GVC takes 51% stake in Georgia-facing betting operator Crystalbet for $50M
March 5, 2018
GVC Holdings has agreed to buy 51 percent of Georgian gambling group Crystalbet for €41 million (US$50.84 million) in cash.
- Republic of Georgia rethinks online gambling ban plan
October 17, 2017
Georgian politicians reportedly rethinking calls to ban online gambling, seek instead to increase revenue while restricting youth access.
- Republic of Georgia considering online gambling prohibition
September 12, 2017
The Republic of Georgia reportedly considering whether to push for total online gambling ban as part of gambling regulatory overhaul.
- Turkish imam: oral sex okay, but chess “worse than gambling”
January 3, 2017
Turkish televangelist sued after informing followers that playing chess is "worse than gambling;" Synot Group expands Georgian casino presence.
Turkish police bust major international online betting ring
September 14, 2016
Online gambling is 10.4% of Turkey’s total e-commerce
November 29, 2017
Turkey tightens financial screws on int’l online gambling sites
September 19, 2017
Turkey needs casinos to lure rich Chinese tourists
January 25, 2018