Tag Archives: playolg.ca
- Canada’s largest province open to online gambling competition
April 11, 2019
Ontario's new Tory government plans to “establish a competitive market for online legal gambling” rather than stick with current PlayOLG.ca monopoly.
- Ontario’s online gambling revenue up one-quarter in 2017-18
October 11, 2018
Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation reports fiscal 2017-18 revenue up 5.6% to C$7.58b, of which C$73m came via PlayOLG online gambling site.
- Ontario’s online gambling grows but still lags provincial rivals
February 16, 2018
Ontario's annual online gambling revenue enjoys double-digit growth but still lags well behind provincial rivals in Quebec and British Columbia.
- Ontario cuts online gambling profit forecast by 75%
January 14, 2017
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp, which had projected annual profits of $100m from its PlayOLG online gambling site, cuts this projection to just $25m.
- Lottery boosts Canada sports bet hopes; PlayOLG plan mobile app, peer-to-peer poker
January 4, 2016
Canadian MP Brian Masse wins parliamentary lottery, allowing him to reintroduce single-game sports betting bill; PlayOLG prep mobile app.
- New online gambling merchant category codes no ‘silver bullet’ for US markets
April 19, 2015
Financial firms introduce three new online gambling merchant category codes, but US regulated markets don't expect significant gains.
Ontario’s new online lottery product more Miss than Hit
January 9, 2018
British Columbia to pay casinos more to ensure AML compliance
November 24, 2017
UK considering credit card ban for online gambling
January 14, 2019