Tag Archives: paul phua
- Weekly Poll: Will the evidence against Paul Phua obtained via warrantless search be admissible in court?
18 December 2014
Attorneys defending Paul Phua have doubled down on their assertion that the searches that led to the arrests were unconstitutional.
- Five defendants sentenced in Paul Phua illegal sports betting case
11 December 2014
Five defendants in the Paul Phua illegal sports betting case plead guilty, given fines and probation; Phua and son to go on fighting.
- Helly Nahmad released from prison early; Feds want $13m from Phua defendants
8 December 2014
Art dealer Hillel Nahmad gets early release from one-year sports betting sentence; feds seek $13m forfeiture from Paul Phua defendants.
- Five Paul Phua defendants to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek’s bookie pleads guilty
5 December 2014
Five defendants in Paul Phua sports betting case to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek's agent denies his client had $10m in gambling losses.
- Paul Phua’s attorneys say feds “torment” citizens into giving up privacy
4 December 2014
Attorneys for accused illegal bookie Paul Phua say evidence is inadmissible because FBI "torments" citizens into giving up their privacy.
- Feds allege Paul Phua bribed his way out of Macau sports betting bust
12 November 2014
US attorneys prosecuting Paul Phua on illegal sports betting charges allege that he paid Macau police to let him skate on similar charges.
Stephen Hung abandons floundering Macau hotel project
31 January 2018
Macau units lift Wynn Resorts Q2 net revenues
26 July 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017