Tag Archives: paul phua
- Helly Nahmad released from prison early; Feds want $13m from Phua defendants
December 8, 2014
Art dealer Hillel Nahmad gets early release from one-year sports betting sentence; feds seek $13m forfeiture from Paul Phua defendants.
- Five Paul Phua defendants to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek’s bookie pleads guilty
December 5, 2014
Five defendants in Paul Phua sports betting case to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek's agent denies his client had $10m in gambling losses.
- Paul Phua’s attorneys say feds “torment” citizens into giving up privacy
December 4, 2014
Attorneys for accused illegal bookie Paul Phua say evidence is inadmissible because FBI "torments" citizens into giving up their privacy.
- Feds allege Paul Phua bribed his way out of Macau sports betting bust
November 12, 2014
US attorneys prosecuting Paul Phua on illegal sports betting charges allege that he paid Macau police to let him skate on similar charges.
- The Paul Phua Illegal Sports Betting Case: Lawyers Push to Suppress Non-Mirandized Statements
November 6, 2014
The Paul Phua World Cup betting case continues this week, with more reports emanating from the defense & complaining of illegal searches,.
- Red Wire: No Risk, All Reward For Government In Impersonation Cases
November 4, 2014
When it comes to arresting people it suspects of crimes, US federal government isn’t supposed to have complete freedom to do as it pleases.