Tag Archives: OPAP
- OPAP to fight Greek court’s online betting license invalidation
September 25, 2019
Greek operator OPAP says it will challenge the Council of State's recent decision to invalidate the company's online sports betting license.
- Greece’s highest court invalidates OPAP’s online betting license
September 19, 2019
Greece's highest court invalidates the online sports betting license of former state gambling monopoly OPAP following legal challenge by Goalbet.
- Sazka Group in €2b bid for Greek lottery & betting giant OPAP
July 9, 2019
Czech gaming operator Sazka Group makes €2b bid for the 67% of Greek lottery and betting operator OPAP it doesn't already own.
- OPAP starts 2019 with best quarterly revenue in a decade
June 6, 2019
Greek lottery and betting operator OPAP reports its Q1 revenue hitting €396m, the best showing the company has had since 2010.
- Greek court ruling throws VLT market into legal purgatory
April 4, 2019
Greece's highest administrative court issues ruling that video lottery terminal regulations were impropertly issued without presidential decree.
- OPAP banks on VLTs, new digital betting platform for 2019 growth
March 28, 2019
Greek gambling operator OPAP shows increasing video lottery terminal reliance in 2018 report, as mainstay lottery and betting verticals show declines.
Greece to launch casino tender for €8b Hellinikon resort project
February 23, 2018
Greece’s new online gambling licenses to be made available in October
September 17, 2016
Greece finally unveils new online gambling licensing plans
September 10, 2018
Report urges Greece to stick with 35% online gambling tax
January 30, 2018
Greece’s Loutraki casino wins major back-tax fight with gov’t
January 24, 2018