Tag Archives: Nick Xenophon
- Senate powerbroker Nick Xenophon softens stance on Aussie pokies
January 12, 2018
The Australian reported that Xenophon has already toned down his anti-gambling rhetoric after South Australia revised its gambling tax revenue forecast.
- Senate committee rebuffs Xenophon bill to ban gambling ads during live TV sports
March 31, 2017
Senator Nick Xenophon’s fight to keep gambling ads away from live sports broadcasts in Australia has been all but killed off at the Parliament.
- Skills-based gaming remains a favorite debate in Australia
March 29, 2017
Australia may have closed the supposed “loopholes” in its gambling laws but it has yet to determine whether or not skills-based gaming should be allowed.
- Aussie gov’t mulls ban on gambling ads during sports broadcasts
March 16, 2017
The federal authorities revealed plans to significantly slash gambling ads during sports broadcasts in an attempt to win support from the Senate crossbench.
- Australian church group opposes Tabcorp, Tatts in-play carveout
December 5, 2016
Online gambling firms opposing the in-play betting carveout offered to Tabcorp and Tatts Group gain unlikely allies in Xenophon, church groups.
- Aussie pols ask whistleblowers to send them Pokie-Leaks
September 27, 2016
Australian anti-gambling politicians launch Pokie-Leaks campaign, urge insiders to come forward with dirt on the poker machine industry.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016