Tag Archives: New York
- New York gambling jobs expected to outpace other sectors
February 8, 2019
Yahoo Finance recently put out an infographic declaring the gambling industry to be the fastest growing job sector in the Empire State.
- Online sports gambling could come to NY sooner than expected
February 1, 2019
A couple of New York lawmakers are pushing forward online sports gambling legislation that could allow mobile bets in the very near future.
- New York approves draft sports betting regulations
January 29, 2019
The New York State Gaming Commission approves draft sports betting regulations for wagering at upstate casinos, starts 60-day public comment period.
- Empire Resorts to shut Monticello casino to protect Catskills casino
January 25, 2019
Empire Resorts announces that it will close the Monticello Casino & Raceway's slot machine operations by April 23 to boost Resorts World Catskills revenue.
- New York guv wants sports betting at upstate commercial casinos
January 16, 2019
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo calls for sports betting at four upstate commercial casinos, although chance of digital wagering approval appears slim.
- New York casinos still struggling; del Lago debt crisis looms
January 11, 2019
Upstate New York's four commercial casinos still performing well below initial projections; Moody's says del Lago property faces debt restructuring.
Resorts World Catskills moves up launch date; del Lago downgrade
January 19, 2018
No survivors: feds rumble Ron & Mike’s Football Pool
December 9, 2017