Tag Archives: match-fixing
- Sri Lanka criminalizes match fixing, making cricket more legitimate
12 November 2019
Cricket is a product that, in many ways, is too hot for bookies to touch. Sri Lanka took a huge step towards changing that.
- “Suspicious” sports bets reign in Europe, Asia: IBIA
24 October 2019
The majority of all “suspicious” betting alerts came out of the region in the third quarter of the year, with Asia following closely behind.
- UEFA wants help combatting match-fixing
23 October 2019
UEFA has launched a program to find someone that can conduct a feasibility study with the goal of determining methods for increasing the sport’s capacity.
- 50 alerts reported by the International Betting Integrity Association in Q3
The International Betting Integrity Association reported 50 cases of suspicious betting to the relevant authorities during the third quarter of 2019.
- Bundesliga renews Sportradar deal to keep German soccer clean
2 August 2019
Bundesliga soccer league and Sportsradar have decided to renew their partnership in an effort to help keep German soccer clean and to continue efforts to monitor games for possible match-fixing.
- Spain to create commission to combat match-fixing
17 July 2019
To help eliminate match-fixing, Spain’s legislators have approved the creation of a commission whose sole responsibility will be to tackle match-fixing activity in the country.
Police detain alleged mastermind of 5Dimes ‘Tony’ kidnapping
11 January 2019