Tag Archives: Martin Broughton
- Changes afoot after Betfred wins the Tote race
June 6, 2011
After taking on the Tote, Betfred will get a new chief executive and all shops will be rebranded under the latter’s name
- Private equity backing Broughton’s Tote bid; William Hill’s luckiest punter ever
May 20, 2011
Private equity firm Oakley Capital agrees to underwrite Sir Martin Broughton's Tote bid; William Hill punter turns £1 into £353k; Tote Tasmania under fire
- Tote race down to two as Aintree faces safety checks
April 12, 2011
Sir Martin Broughton and Betfred are the two parties still in the running for the Tote as safety is looked at, at Aintree
- Broughton thought to be teaming up with other Tote bidders
February 16, 2011
Chris Bell and Sportech thought to be joining the International Airlines Group deputy chairman, gambling industry updates.
- Broughton reveals his backer in the race for the Tote
February 14, 2011
Penta Capital will underwrite the International Airlines Group deputy chairman's bid for the government owned business, gambling news.
- Martin Broughton covets UK Tote; NYRA urges bettors to go online
December 9, 2010
Former British Horseracing Board chairman Martin Broughton is tipped as latest bidder for UK Tote; New ork Racing Assoc. urges bettors to go online.
Hong Kong Jockey Club inks UK Tote commingling deal
November 16, 2016
Sky Racing World Partners with New York Racing Association
October 23, 2015