Tag Archives: maharashtra
- Officials eye implementing online gambling laws in India’s Maharashtra
March 21, 2018
The state government has indicated plans to implement laws in the very near future, providing guidance for online betting and gambling.
- 3 Indian states fail to remit $146.7M in lottery tax dues, officials say
January 30, 2018
Maharashtra gov't has demanded three northeastern states in India to pay some INR933 crore ($146.7 million) in lottery tax dues or face legal consequences.
- Maharashtra lottery sellers to go on strike to protest 28% GST
August 15, 2017
Private lottery sellers in the state of Maharashtra will be putting up the “Closed” sign next week.
- Maharashtra goes after lottery firms over alleged $150M tax default
October 26, 2016
A Maharashtra official is going after six lottery operators that she claimed have cheated the state government.
- Maharashtra responds (finally) to lawsuit over online lotteries
September 21, 2016
That was the answer the Maharashtra government had in response to a public interest litigation filed against the state several weeks ago.
- High court threatens to close online lotteries if Maharashtra continues to snub lawsuit
September 12, 2016
Maharashtra’s continued refusal to respond to a lawsuit could cost the Indian state its precious online lotteries.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016
Indian cricket team banned from visiting casinos in Australia
January 18, 2016
India’s Supreme Court taking another look at sports betting
April 28, 2017