Tag Archives: maharashtra
- Bombay High Court says poker involves no skill whatsoever
March 30, 2018
The Bombay High Court issues ruling in a home poker case declaring that the game is "not a game of skill but of pure chance."
- Officials eye implementing online gambling laws in India’s Maharashtra
March 21, 2018
The state government has indicated plans to implement laws in the very near future, providing guidance for online betting and gambling.
- 3 Indian states fail to remit $146.7M in lottery tax dues, officials say
January 30, 2018
Maharashtra gov't has demanded three northeastern states in India to pay some INR933 crore ($146.7 million) in lottery tax dues or face legal consequences.
- Maharashtra lottery sellers to go on strike to protest 28% GST
August 15, 2017
Private lottery sellers in the state of Maharashtra will be putting up the “Closed” sign next week.
- Maharashtra goes after lottery firms over alleged $150M tax default
October 26, 2016
A Maharashtra official is going after six lottery operators that she claimed have cheated the state government.
- Maharashtra responds (finally) to lawsuit over online lotteries
September 21, 2016
That was the answer the Maharashtra government had in response to a public interest litigation filed against the state several weeks ago.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016