Tag Archives: lotteriinspektionen
- Swedish regulator’s resignation sparks fear of liberalization delay
27 January 2017
Surprise resignation of Sweden's top gaming regulator prompts concerns that country's push to liberalize online gambling market will face delays or worse.
- Swedish gambling operators losing growth race to international sites
31 August 2016
Unauthorized international online gambling sites serving the Swedish market report three-times the growth of domestic operators.
- Sweden’s regulated online gaming market growing faster than int’l operators
17 February 2016
Sweden's gaming regulator says the regulated online gambling market growing faster than unauthorized international sites.
- Sweden says unauthorized online gambling operators gaining market share
3 September 2015
Swedish regulator Lotteriinspektionen says unauthorized online gambling sites boosted H1 revenue 5% while licensed market grew 0.3%.
- Betsson revenue record; Svenska Spel mutters; Sweden drops App Store purge
24 April 2015
Betsson sets new revenue record in Q1; Svenska Spel still muttering about competition; Sweden drops campaign against App Store betting apps.
- Cherry management shakeup; Sweden mulls “unholy alliance” with online gambling
6 December 2014
Nordic-facing operator Cherry AB replaces CEO Emil Sunvisson; Sweden seeks "unholy alliance" with online gambling operators re gambling ads.
Christmas comes early: Sweden release draft gambling legislation
21 December 2017
Sweden receives 55 online gambling license applications
8 October 2018
Sweden issues first batch of new online gambling licenses
30 November 2018
Gambling companies account for 10% of Swedish TV advertising
12 September 2016