Tag Archives: loot boxes
- Valve restricts loot box key sales over money laundering concerns
30 October 2019
Videogame developer Valve Corp restricts sales and trading of loot box keys after discovering "worldwide fraud networks" were using keys to launder money.
- UK youth survey finds video game loot boxes are gambling gateway
23 October 2019
UK's 2019 Young People and Gambling report shows overall decline in youth gambling but video game loot boxes are shown to presage real-money gambling.
- England’s children commissioner wants loot box regulation
22 October 2019
Another voice in the U.K. is calling on stricter regulations of the video game gambling mechanic.
- The video game industry caves, will list loot box odds
12 August 2019
The video game industry is giving in to pressure from lawmakers and is going to essentially declare that loot boxes are gambling.
- UKGC really wants to crack down on video game gambling
23 July 2019
The UK’s gambling regulator really would like to investigate gambling in the gaming sector, but can’t do much with current laws.
- UK Minister of Parliament: Loot boxes aren’t gambling
3 July 2019
Several countries believe that the prize boxes are a form of gambling while others don't, but a member of parliament in the UK asserted that loot boxes are emphatically not a form of gambling.
Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018
The ‘party’ is far from over for online gambling
5 March 2019
UK considering credit card ban for online gambling
14 January 2019