Tag Archives: loot boxes
- New report calls lootboxes a gambling polluter on today’s youth
20 December 2019
If the Royal Society for Public Health gets its way, Boris Johnson’s new government will put regulations on loot boxes similar to gambling.
- Betting on our future – How the UK election could shape the gambling industry in 2020
3 December 2019
With the 2019 General Election on the horizon, all of the major political parties have released their manifestos, outlining their vision for the future of the United Kingdom.
- Tories vow vengeance on UK gambling operators after election
25 November 2019
UK's Conservative party vows to review 2005 Gambling Act following December's general election with focus on loot boxes and credit card use.
- Andrew Yang links loot boxes to gambling, calls for regulation
19 November 2019
Andrew Yang calls loot boxes what they are, a gambling sytem that is focused on exploiting children.
- Valve restricts loot box key sales over money laundering concerns
30 October 2019
Videogame developer Valve Corp restricts sales and trading of loot box keys after discovering "worldwide fraud networks" were using keys to launder money.
- UK youth survey finds video game loot boxes are gambling gateway
23 October 2019
UK's 2019 Young People and Gambling report shows overall decline in youth gambling but video game loot boxes are shown to presage real-money gambling.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
5 September 2014
1xBet shuts UK site following Sunday Times investigation
12 August 2019