Tag Archives: loot boxes
- The Mouthpiece: Gambling law, new formats and ‘loot boxes’
October 17, 2018
There have been complaints against the sites that allow skins as a form of currency—but not against loot boxes. Why is a total ban needed all of a sudden?
- Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
October 4, 2018
Electronic Arts has announced that its latest version of the popular soccer game, FIFA 19, will include information for the loot box odds.
- Irish regulators say loot boxes aren’t a form of gambling
October 2, 2018
David Stanton has said the GREF declaration “does not have legal effect” but reflected concern from gambling authorities about the impact of online gaming.
- Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
September 18, 2018
European gaming regulators issue joint letter putting skin betting and loot boxes on notice; Aussie committee says loot boxes are 'gateway to gambling.'
- Electronic Arts being investigated in Belgium over loot boxes
September 13, 2018
Belgian authorities are reportedly considering prosecuting EA over its decision not to prohibit loot box transactions its most popular games, FIFA 18.
- Legal definition saves loot boxes from gambling classification in France
July 5, 2018
Loot boxes in video games may look like a form of gambling but, legally speaking, they're not, according to French gaming regulator ARJEL.
PMU told to change their name
February 2, 2011
PokerStars first to launch French-Spanish shared liquidity
January 16, 2018