Tag Archives: Kenya
- Betting firms in Kenya appeal for a tax dialogue
January 25, 2018
- Pambazuka lottery suspends Kenya ops to protest new tax
January 7, 2018
Kenya's Pambazuka National Lottery suspends its operations to protest gambling tax hikes, says operating under this framework "is not possible."
- Kenyan sports teams pressure gov’t to rethink betting tax hike
January 3, 2018
Kenya's sponsorship-deprived sports teams warn that they face a bleak future unless government rethinks controversial betting tax hike.
- SportPesa scraps Kenya sport sponsorships after tax ruling
January 1, 2018
SportPesa makes good on its threat to scrap the "full value" of its Kenya sport sponsorships following imposition of new 35% gambling tax.
- Kenyan betting operators lose court challenge of new 35% tax
December 28, 2017
- Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017
Ex-Amaya Gaming CEO David Baazov sued by a Kenyan charity which accuses him and other Amaya execs of thieving $707k that should have gone to the charity.
Dubai investor accuses ex-Amaya CEO David Baazov of fraud
September 22, 2017
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
David Baazov’s attorneys want insider trading charges dismissed
November 25, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO David Baazov’s insider trading trial underway
December 12, 2017