Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa denies IPO reports
October 19, 2018
Ronald Karauri, CEO of Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa, denies Bloomberg report that the company is planning initial public offering.
- Kenya gov’t approves reduction in betting tax from 35% to 15%
September 21, 2018
Kenyan betting operators are celebrating after the government approves Finance Bill that includes reduction in their tax rate from 35% to 15%.
- Kenya president revives plan to cut gambling taxes to 15%
September 17, 2018
Kenya media reports that President Uhuru Kenyatta has refused to sign Finance Bill unless gambling tax rate is cut from 35% to 15%.
- Kenya MPs reject proposal to cut gambling tax from 35% to 15%
September 3, 2018
Kenya's parliament has rejected the latest proposal to roll back the new 35% uniform tax on all gambling revenue to a more sensible 15%.
- Kenya gambling operators face new advertising restrictions
August 27, 2018
Kenya's media outlets told to restrict gambling advertising between 5:00am and 10pm or face legal action by broadcast regulator.
- Kenyan MPs offer gambling operators hope for tax relief
June 24, 2018
A Kenyan parliamentary committee offers gambling operators renewed hope that their new 35% revenue tax could be cut to 15%.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017