Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenya’s parliament rejects plan to cut betting taxes
May 17, 2018
A parliamentary committee rejects Kenyan government's proposal to cut controversial 35% gambling tax to a more manageable 15%.
- SportPesa renews Kenya football deals amid promise of tax break
April 24, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa renews some of the high-profile Kenya football sponsorships it scrapped in January due to betting tax hike.
- Kenya to impose 20% tax on all gambling winnings
April 19, 2018
Kenya's government files draft of its Tax Laws (Amendment) Bill 2018, which seeks to revive controversial 20% tax on all gambling winnings.
- SportPesa rethinking Kenya sponsorship moratorium?
April 4, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa said to be rethinking its decision to scrap all its local sports sponsorships after gambling tax hikes.
- Betting firms in Kenya appeal for a tax dialogue
January 25, 2018
- Pambazuka lottery suspends Kenya ops to protest new tax
January 7, 2018
Kenya's Pambazuka National Lottery suspends its operations to protest gambling tax hikes, says operating under this framework "is not possible."
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
PwC says Kenya’s new betting tax rate actually closer to 70%
March 31, 2017