Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenyan sports betting operators get support from legislators
August 20, 2019
A group of 12 Kenyan legislators urge the government to lay off its attacks on the sports betting sector in order to spare the economy further pain.
- Kenyan sports bettors threaten taxman with mass defecation
Kenyan sports bettors and football fans threaten mass defecation at Kenya Revenue Authority headquarters to protest campaign against betting industry.
- Safaricom loss of gamblers’ data may reach beyond Africa
August 16, 2019
A massive data breach resulted in the personal information of over 11.5 million gamblers being compromised.
- SportPesa halts sponsorships as tax war with Kenya gov’t heats up
August 9, 2019
Kenya's leading betting operator SportPesa up the ante in its tax fight with the government, halts all sponsorships of local sports bodies and teams.
- Kenyan betting ops, gov’t in court over payment suspension
August 6, 2019
- Kenya taxman now claims betting operators owe $586m
July 31, 2019
A Kenya Revenue Authority official tells Senate committee that "raised assessments" mean that suspended betting operators owe total of $586m in back tax.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017