Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenya gov’t to challenge Tribunal ruling on betting winnings tax
11 November 2019
The Kenya Revenue Authority says it will challenge last week's Tribunal ruling that 20% tax on bettors' winnings applies to net winnings, not stakes.
- Kenya tribunal sides with sports betting ops in tax fight with gov’t
8 November 2019
Kenya's government has been dealt a blow after a tax tribunal sided with sports betting operators over how to apply the 20% tax on punters' winnings.
- Kenya puts betting operator Betika in its back-tax crosshairs
4 November 2019
Sports betting operator Betika the latest to face major back-tax demand from Kenya Revenue Authority, warns it could be forced to shut local operations.
- SportPesa lays off 400 Kenya staff after shutting local ops
3 October 2019
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa sacks over 400 staff after shutting local operations due to ongoing tax fight with Kenyan government.
- SportPesa, Betin shut Kenya ops as tax fight with gov’t drags on
30 September 2019
Kenya's leading sports betting operators SportPesa and Betin shut their local operations as tax fight with government shows no sign of letup.
- Kenya tells SportPesa to reapply for sports betting license
20 September 2019
Kenya's Betting Control and Licensing Board says SportPesa needs to reapply for a sports betting license before it can resume operations.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
30 March 2017
SportPesa given the green light to resume operations in Kenya
5 September 2019
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
30 November 2017