Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenyan MPs offer gambling operators hope for tax relief
June 24, 2018
A Kenyan parliamentary committee offers gambling operators renewed hope that their new 35% revenue tax could be cut to 15%.
- Kenya to deport foreigners engaged in illegal gambling
June 18, 2018
Kenya's war on unauthorized gambling machines ratchets up as government vows to deport any foreigners connected with illegal gambling activity.
- India’s Nazara Tech enters Kenya online sports betting market
June 4, 2018
India's social gaming operator Nazara Technologies buys into Kenya's real-money online sports betting market; Kenya gambling laws set for wholesale rewrite?
- Kenya’s parliament rejects plan to cut betting taxes
May 17, 2018
A parliamentary committee rejects Kenyan government's proposal to cut controversial 35% gambling tax to a more manageable 15%.
- SportPesa renews Kenya football deals amid promise of tax break
April 24, 2018
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa renews some of the high-profile Kenya football sponsorships it scrapped in January due to betting tax hike.
- Kenya to impose 20% tax on all gambling winnings
April 19, 2018
Kenya's government files draft of its Tax Laws (Amendment) Bill 2018, which seeks to revive controversial 20% tax on all gambling winnings.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
PwC says Kenya’s new betting tax rate actually closer to 70%
March 31, 2017