Tag Archives: Kenya
- Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017
Ex-Amaya Gaming CEO David Baazov sued by a Kenyan charity which accuses him and other Amaya execs of thieving $707k that should have gone to the charity.
- Kenya lottery sues gov’t over planned gambling tax hikes
October 13, 2017
The Pambazuka National Lottery sues the Kenyan government over its plan to dramatically hike gambling taxes starting January 1, 2018.
- Kenya gets strict on slot machine investors
October 12, 2017
- Kenyans don’t support betting tax hike; SportPesa lobbies Uganda
August 2, 2017
A new survey finds that a majority of Kenyans don't support plans to hike betting taxes; SportPesa lobbying Uganda over gambling regulatory revisions.
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
- SportPesa walks back threat to close Kenya ops over betting tax
July 10, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa walks back threats to close its local operations if government proceeds with gambling tax hikes.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
PwC says Kenya’s new betting tax rate actually closer to 70%
March 31, 2017