Tag Archives: Kenya
- Kenya president revives plan to cut gambling taxes to 15%
September 17, 2018
Kenya media reports that President Uhuru Kenyatta has refused to sign Finance Bill unless gambling tax rate is cut from 35% to 15%.
- Kenya MPs reject proposal to cut gambling tax from 35% to 15%
September 3, 2018
Kenya's parliament has rejected the latest proposal to roll back the new 35% uniform tax on all gambling revenue to a more sensible 15%.
- Kenya gambling operators face new advertising restrictions
August 27, 2018
Kenya's media outlets told to restrict gambling advertising between 5:00am and 10pm or face legal action by broadcast regulator.
- Kenyan MPs offer gambling operators hope for tax relief
June 24, 2018
A Kenyan parliamentary committee offers gambling operators renewed hope that their new 35% revenue tax could be cut to 15%.
- Kenya to deport foreigners engaged in illegal gambling
June 18, 2018
Kenya's war on unauthorized gambling machines ratchets up as government vows to deport any foreigners connected with illegal gambling activity.
- India’s Nazara Tech enters Kenya online sports betting market
June 4, 2018
India's social gaming operator Nazara Technologies buys into Kenya's real-money online sports betting market; Kenya gambling laws set for wholesale rewrite?
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017