Tag Archives: Jon Kyl
- Poker Grinch arrives early: Sheldon Adelson ‘morally opposed’ to online gambling
7 December 2011
Las Vegas Sands chairman Sheldon Adelson reveals moral opposition to online gambling, creating a huge obstacle for US online poker advocates
- Jury out on UIGEA in Sports Offshore case
30 November 2011
A Massachusetts jury considers charges against the Sports Offshore defendants, the first time the UIGEA laws have been tested in court
- Is Jon Kyl set to co-sponsor Harry Reid’s ‘phantom’ online poker bill?
18 November 2011
The New York Post claims Sen. Jon Kyl may be co-sponsoring Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's 'phantom' online poker bill this winter.
- US online poker players wrong to pin hopes on ‘super committee’
14 October 2011
US online poker players setting themselves up for a fall by pinning hopes for federal legislation on the so-called super committee.
- Jon Kyl appointed to ‘super committee’ on which US online poker hopes rest
11 August 2011
Gambling opponent Sen. Jon Kyl has been added to the so-called 'super committee' from which US casino companies hope a poker bill emerges.
- APCW Perspectives Weekly
25 July 2011
Weekly perspectives on gaming industry news around the globe, including the weirdness of the joint letter from Kyl and Reid to the DOJ.
UIGEA, 6 Years Later
15 October 2012
BREAKING NEWS – Bodog.com seized by Homeland Security
28 February 2012
Bodog Brand to Leave US Market
26 July 2011