Tag Archives: Joe Comartin
- Canada sports betting bill appears doomed to die a procedural death
October 9, 2014
Canada's senate finally resumes debate on C-290 sports betting legislation, but the finish line keeps getting further away.
- Senator: Leagues’ fight against Canada sports bets “doesn’t make a lot of sense”
October 31, 2012
The NHL to testify against Canada's sports betting law at next Senate committee hearing, but Sen. Runciman says argument doesn't make sense.
- Major League Baseball’s last-minute bid to kill Canadian sports betting legislation
October 25, 2012
Representatives of Major League Baseball testify before Canadian Senate committee against passage of single-game sports betting bill.
- Single-game sports betting bill approved by Canada’s House of Commons
March 3, 2012
MP Joe Comartin's bill to bring single-game sports betting to Canadian punters passed its third reading in the House of Commons on Friday.
- Comartin sports betting bill passes committee; OLG to end racing subsidy?
February 17, 2012
Canadian MP Joe Comartin pitches his single-game sports betting bill to Parliamentary committee; Ontario rethinking horse racing subsidy
- Canadian lotteries willing to fib in order to legally offer single game sports betting
December 4, 2011
Canadian lotteries are so eager to change the law forbidding them from offering single-game sports betting that they're willing to fib.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Woodbine Casino launches Toronto’s first live table games
September 1, 2018