Tag Archives: Jim Murren
- MGM takes a bite of the Big Apple with Empire City purchase
May 30, 2018
MGM Resorts has acquired the Empire City Casino’s casino and racetrack for $850 million.
- MGM National Harbor to open Dec. 8; MGM pitches Atlanta on casino benefits
October 3, 2016
MGM Resorts announces new Maryland casino National Harbor will open on Dec. 8; MGM CEO pitches Georgia rotary club on benefits of casinos.
- MGM boss switches sides, gives landmark endorsement to Hillary Clinton
August 16, 2016
MGM chairman and CEO Jim Murren is making his first ever public endorsement of a presidential nominee, and that’s Hillary Clinton.
- House committee backs casino gambling in Georgia
February 26, 2016
Casino gambling is one step closer in Georgia under measures approved by a state House committee.
- State of Georgia casino gambling: Rep pushes for constitutional amendment, senator wants lobbyists to ‘declare every red cent’
January 13, 2016
A representative in Georgia is asking his fellow lawmakers to help him kill his casino gambling bill.
- Casino lobby seeks “rational alternative” to US sports betting prohibition
November 11, 2015
American Gaming Association says it will spend 2016 building support for a "rational alternative" to the US sports betting prohibition.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017