Tag Archives: jeju island
- Landing International puts off Jeju Shinhwa World casino opening
January 3, 2018
Landing International is postponing the opening of its casino on Jeju Island after the provincial council decided to sit on its relocation request.
- Landing International shifts focus on regional market tourists
October 3, 2017
Hong Kong-listed casino operator Landing International Development Ltd. is now wooing tourists from nearby regional markets.
- South Korean casinos eagerly await end to Chinese tourism spat
July 19, 2017
Gongzi Jeju, the newest casino on South Korea's Jeju Island, holds its official grand opening as operators pray for end to China travel ban.
- Majestar to suspend Jeju casino ops over previous owners’ antics
April 7, 2017
South Korean casino operator Majestar forced to suspend operations at its Jeju Shilla Hotel & Casino due to shenanigans by venue's former owners.
- Landing International anticipating $127M net loss in 2016
January 11, 2017
Hong Kong-listed property developer Landing International Development Ltd is apparently preparing its investors for the worst.
- Casinos on South Korea’s Jeju island face greater scrutiny
December 5, 2016
The eight small casinos currently operating on South Korea's Jeju Island will face greater government scrutiny in bid to curb casino-related crime.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
South Korea probes Coinone crypto exchange’s margin trades
January 10, 2018