Tag Archives: Japanese Diet
- Foreign operators may be limited to minority partners in Japan IR deals
July 19, 2018
Interested foreign casino operators might end up partnering with established Japanese companies once casino licenses are issued in Japan.
- Taxes on casino winnings in Japan could be geo-discriminatory
June 26, 2018
Foreign tourists gambling in Japan’s casinos would be held to the stipulations of the Japanese government's treaties with other countries.
- Opposition makes last appeal to thwart casino advancement in Japan
June 13, 2018
A few Japanese lawmakers are making last-minute appeals to try and stop possible legislation to introduce casinos in the country.
- Japan’s IR Implementation Bill could get green light in July
May 30, 2018
The Diet session will end on June 20, but lawmakers are considering an extension to ensure the IR bill is approved during this session.
- Lower chamber approves Japan’s anti-gambling addiction bill
May 28, 2018
A bill seeking to protect problem gamblers has sailed through the lower chamber of the Japanese Diet over the weekend.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
Japanese porn stars big draw for rich Chinese businessmen in Macau
January 29, 2015