Tag Archives: Italy
- Italy enjoys World Cup betting boost; pinball v. slots showdown
August 14, 2018
Italy's online sports betting operators report revenue up more than one-third in July; Italy's outgoing gaming regulator isn't going quietly.
- Gambling advertising in Italy officially dead
August 10, 2018
It’s now official - Italy's parliament has passed a bill banning all gambling advertising by a close 155-125 vote this past Tuesday.
- Playtech completes Snaitech’s ‘squeeze out’
August 3, 2018
Playtech Plc. has completed the “squeeze out” process in its bid to gain full control of Italian betting and gaming operator Snaitech.
- LeoVegas fights Italian politicos’ gambling ignorance with education
August 2, 2018
LeoVegas is pushing back against Italy’s proposed ban on all gambling advertising by educating politicians on sustainability and responsible gaming.
- Gamenet acquires rival Goldbet, creates new Italian betting giant
July 24, 2018
Italy has a new retail sports betting giant after Gamenet announced a €265m deal to acquire rival Goldbet, creating network of 1,700 shops.
- LeoVegas ramps up fight against Italy’s gambling advertising ban
July 20, 2018
LeoVegas says its Q2 earnings are up due to lower marketing spending, while company files European Commission complaint over Italy's gambling ad ban.
Italy’s online gambling market now second largest in Europe
April 12, 2017
Malta suspends Mafia-linked Phoenix online gambling license
February 2, 2018
Malta Gaming Authority ‘sandbox test’ of cryptocurrency impact
September 27, 2017
Italy sets online casino revenue record; PokerStars’ grip slips
February 10, 2018
Italy online sports betting soars, poker liquidity plans stall
December 8, 2017