Tag Archives: Israel
- Taxman closes in on Israeli poker players thanks to online rankings sites
November 1, 2017
The Israeli Tax Authority is prodding their poker players over a disagreement on taxation that could cost the professional player base millions of shekels.
- Gambling as the canary, Why I’m running for Israel’s parliament
July 4, 2017
They clothe their rationalizations in moralizing terms to make you think they care about you. Gambling is dangerous, they say.
- GBI Racing seeks $57m from Israel gov’t after race betting ban
July 3, 2017
GBI Racing demands up to $57m compensation for early cancellation of its contract after Israeli politicians approve a ban on race betting.
- William Hill shut Tel Aviv office, shift operations to Europe
June 26, 2017
William Hill to shut Tel Aviv office in cost-cutting move, shift online marketing operations to Europe, resulting in around 200 redundancies.
- Bitcoin price recovers after sharp $300 drop
June 13, 2017
After topping $3,000 for the first time, the price of bitcoin has abruptly dropped more than $300.
- Israeli police told to steer clear of legal casinos in other countries
May 15, 2017
The chief of Israel's police force has ordered his officers to steer clear of casinos, even those located abroad in countries where such activity is legal.
Bitcoin price recovers after sharp $300 drop
June 13, 2017