Tag Archives: Ireland
- Ladbrokes preparing for exit from Ireland?
November 15, 2018
Reports showed that Ladbrokes could be preparing to jump ship and that it is going to close a number of racecourses and stop sponsorship deals.
- Lottery betting no “meaningful threat” to Irish lotteries
November 13, 2018
New report by economist Jim Power claims that lottery betting sites pose no "meaningful threat" to Ireland's National Lottery.
- Ireland’s bookies predict doom as gov’t doubles betting tax
October 9, 2018
Ireland's bookmakers plan emergency meeting this week to figure out how to convince the government to scrap plan to double betting tax to 2% of turnover.
- Report: Ireland to double gambling tax to 2% of turnover
October 2, 2018
The Republic of Ireland plans to double gambling taxes to 2% of betting turnover when the government introduces new budget next week.
- Irish regulators say loot boxes aren’t a form of gambling
David Stanton has said the GREF declaration “does not have legal effect” but reflected concern from gambling authorities about the impact of online gaming.
- Irish National Lottery CEO blames Lottoland for ticket price hikes
August 30, 2018
Irish National Lottery CEO calls lottery betting operators like Lottoland 'rogues' for cannibalizing sales, to blame for ticket price hikes.
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
February 24, 2018
UK lottery betting ops threaten legal action over EuroMillions ban
February 26, 2018
Chaos reigns as Powerball-mad Aussies crash Lottoland website
January 14, 2016