Tag Archives: Ireland
- Lottery betting ops slam ‘grossly misleading’ Irish lottery report
December 13, 2018
Lottery betting operators slam report commissioned by Premier Lotteries Ireland that claims these sites are cannibalizing National Lottery sales.
- Ireland’s betting tax hike going ahead as planned January 1
November 28, 2018
Contrary to initial reports, Ireland's Finance Ministry says doubling of betting operators' turnover taxes will go ahead as planned on January 1.
- Ireland’s bookies win a reprieve from betting turnover tax hike
November 23, 2018
Ireland's Minister for Finance pumps brakes on plans to double betting turnover tax until he can review the likely impact on local bookmakers.
- Irish bookies pin hopes on alternative to turnover tax hike
November 19, 2018
Ireland's parliament to debate proposal to tax betting operators at 10% (land-based) and 20% (online) of revenue rather than doubling turnover tax.
- Ladbrokes preparing for exit from Ireland?
November 15, 2018
Reports showed that Ladbrokes could be preparing to jump ship and that it is going to close a number of racecourses and stop sponsorship deals.
- Lottery betting no “meaningful threat” to Irish lotteries
November 13, 2018
New report by economist Jim Power claims that lottery betting sites pose no "meaningful threat" to Ireland's National Lottery.
UK lottery betting ops threaten legal action over EuroMillions ban
February 26, 2018
Chaos reigns as Powerball-mad Aussies crash Lottoland website
January 14, 2016
Lottoland unveils Bitcoin Lotto, world’s first Bitcoin lottery
December 19, 2017
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
February 24, 2018