Tag Archives: Ireland
- Ireland picks up $1.15M from unlicensed gambling machines
August 7, 2018
Ireland's tax man has collected over €1 million (US$1.15 million) as a result of a crackdown on casinos that were offering unlicensed gaming machines.
- Ireland president: Gambling and sports don’t mix
August 1, 2018
Irish President Michael D. Higgins said he would approve legislation banning gambling advertising at all sporting events in the country.
- Hard Rock set to join Dublin’s landscape
July 20, 2018
Hard Rock International (HRI) is looking to build a new venue in Dublin with the help of a local hotel operator.
- New Irish measure forces betting firms to shut problem gamblers accounts
May 8, 2018
The Irish government is hatching yet another plan that will tighten the noose on betting operators in the country.
- Gambling TV ads run afoul of Irish broadcasting codes
March 15, 2018
According to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, there were six cases of ads for betting services for which the content was “deemed to promote gambling.”
- O’Kane wins partypoker Grand Prix; Irish judge refuses roulette payout
March 14, 2018
An Irish twist including another fantastic turnout for a partypoker LIVE event, and an Irish judge siding with the casino in dodgy Dublin roulette case.
Irish court rules all gambling debts are unenforceable
March 20, 2017