Tag Archives: Ireland
- Football Association of Ireland scrap SportPesa sponsorship deal
3 February 2020
Football Association of Ireland decides to end SportPesa sponsorship less than one year into a two-year deal due to “shifting priorities.”
- Political parties push for gambling reforms in Ireland
30 January 2020
Several Irish parties want to reform gambling laws to protect the people, and restrict what operators can legally do.
- Dublin card club closing over quirk in new gambling legislation
18 December 2019
Dublin's Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club closes after 16 years due to quirk of new gambling act; Northern Ireland opens consultation on gambling rules.
- Paddy Power slammed for “racist” ad, avoids fine
28 November 2019
Some English rugby fans are crying foul over an ad Paddy Power ran during the 2019 Six Nations tournament this past February and March.
- Ireland sets €5 max stake on gaming machines, €500 payout
26 November 2019
Ireland sets new maximum €5 stakes for gaming machines, up from €0.03, while max payouts will rise from their current €0.50 to €500.
- Ireland stall as Wales stand tall in vital Euro 2020 qualifiers
20 November 2019
Two vital Euro 2020 qualifiers see mixed fortunes for home nations as Wales and Ireland both bring the Group Stage to a close.
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
24 February 2018
Denmark ISPs ordered to block online gambling domains
6 February 2018