Tag Archives: Ireland
- Ireland’s bookies predict doom as gov’t doubles betting tax
October 9, 2018
Ireland's bookmakers plan emergency meeting this week to figure out how to convince the government to scrap plan to double betting tax to 2% of turnover.
- Report: Ireland to double gambling tax to 2% of turnover
October 2, 2018
The Republic of Ireland plans to double gambling taxes to 2% of betting turnover when the government introduces new budget next week.
- Irish regulators say loot boxes aren’t a form of gambling
David Stanton has said the GREF declaration “does not have legal effect” but reflected concern from gambling authorities about the impact of online gaming.
- Irish National Lottery CEO blames Lottoland for ticket price hikes
August 30, 2018
Irish National Lottery CEO calls lottery betting operators like Lottoland 'rogues' for cannibalizing sales, to blame for ticket price hikes.
- Ireland picks up $1.15M from unlicensed gambling machines
August 7, 2018
Ireland's tax man has collected over €1 million (US$1.15 million) as a result of a crackdown on casinos that were offering unlicensed gaming machines.
- Ireland president: Gambling and sports don’t mix
August 1, 2018
Irish President Michael D. Higgins said he would approve legislation banning gambling advertising at all sporting events in the country.
Irish court rules all gambling debts are unenforceable
March 20, 2017
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
February 24, 2018
Lottoland disrupting lottery monopolies in Germany, Ireland
March 16, 2017