Tag Archives: indian premier league
- 12BET in ping pong deal; Star India beat out Sony & Facebook in IPL deal
September 5, 2017
12BET, and Indian media and entertainment outfit Star India pick up sponsorship deals at two very different ends of the sporting spectrum.
- Indian Premier League teams suspended for match-fixing
July 15, 2015
Two Indian Premier League cricket teams have been suspended due to illegal betting and match fixing.
- India’s sports betting laws need to leave the 19th century
June 26, 2013
A debate on sports betting law is held in New Delhi, with advocates calling for modernization of Public Gambling Act of 1867.
- India sports bettors need to have “the right to do wrong”
June 8, 2013
India's cricket betting scandal prompts think tank to produce report saying sports betting has a legitimate role to play in India's economy.
- Support for legal sports betting grows as India ministries draft legislation
May 28, 2013
Support for legal sports betting in India grows as ministries differ over draft legislation's focus.
- Could India’s latest cricket scandal lead to legal sports betting?
May 25, 2013
The latest spot-fixing scandal in the Indian Premier League could convince the Indian government to accept the need to pass betting laws.
Indian cricket team banned from visiting casinos in Australia
January 18, 2016
Daily fantasy sports: Getting popular in India
October 30, 2017
India’s Supreme Court taking another look at sports betting
April 28, 2017